Oklahoma Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Oklahoma Workers

• Oklahoma Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Oklahoma Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Permanent Disibility of 20 %

What should I expect from WC to offer as a settlement.. I have had 2 surgeries to my left foot. It is as good as it will be.. The last Dr. I seen for a evaluation told me that I will have problems for the rest of my life. I was told I have 20% Permanent Disability. Workers Comp wants to close out my case.. I live in the State of Oklahoma. Thank You.
    Last edited by Bodark1; 03-12-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Default Re: Permanent Disibility of 20 %

I was told I have 20% Permanent Disability.
    If you had lost your entire foot, you'd be eligible for 220 weeks of PPD indemnity benefits, at your TTD rate.
    Foot: For the loss of a foot, two hundred twenty (220) weeks.
    The value of your claim is based on that PPD rating of 20%. Or, 220 X 20% X your weekly rate.
    You'll likely receive a offer to close the claim...including some cash for future medical reimbursement.
    If you require additional treatment, it may not be in your best interests to cash out the medical.

You are not paid indemnity based on the type of injury, amount/type of treatment. Or that you may have difficulty the rest of your life.
    The PPD rating indicates the % of permanent loss of earning capacity, or ability to compete in the open labor market as a result of this injury. You future earning capacity has also been taken into consideration.

You should consult with a WC attorney before you make any decisions to accept a cash offer to close the claim.

Hi,

WC has offered me a $16,000, cash settlement to close the claim. They said they also put in a little extra for any further Dr's visits I needed for the foot.. I can't go back to the kind of work I was doing. It would be to hard for me. The Dr. said this.. Is this too low an offer? I greatly appreciate all the help, and response back.

Your PPD indemnity benefits are predetermined...there is no entitlement to money for future medical care... when you take that cash settlement, you are also agreeing to assume the liability for any additional medical care.

The PD rating/20% reflects your impairment, or ability to compete in the open labor market, including lost earning capacity. Whether you return to your pre injury job function doesn't matter, you are presumed to be able to perform some type of gainful employment, even if its not your preinjury wage.

Sorry...but WC simply does not provide the type of benefits, cash or otherwise a personal injury case might. The benefits are limited, and OK legislature change those benefits for the worse last year.
    Be careful who you vote for...research the issues, particularly where the people running stand on workers rights... and I can tell you this... the republicans are NOT 'worker friendly'... EVER>