Florida Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Florida Workers

• Florida Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Florida Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Insurance Company Owes Me WC Checks

The IC hasn't paid me 2 WC checks (4 weeks worth), the last one I received was over a month ago. I told my lawyer and they sent off whatever paper work they send out but that was a couple of weeks ago and still NOTHING. What else can be done? Can I contact the IC and talk to the adjuster or a supervisor?

Default Re: Ic Owes Me WC Checks

Not if you are represented and the issues are in litigation. They will not talk to you. Your attorney is the one who needs to call them and ask them why no payments have been issued.

Might need a bit more info here...
    If you were evaluatated by a Dr the carrier sent you to...an IME, and that Dr said you are no longer "disabled", but have reached stability/MMI, those TTD checks will stop. The carrier will take any Dr report that says you are no longer TTD to change your benefits...from TTD to PPD.

Were you evaluated by a IC IME ?

I haven't been declared MMI or been evaluated by anyone. I was completely taken off work by one of my doctors and should still be receiving my bi-weekly checks only the IC hasn't sent the last 2 and a 3rd one is due soon.

I'm beyond frustrated!!

Quote Quoting jaqlyn View Post
    I haven't been declared MMI or been evaluated by anyone. I was completely taken off work by one of my doctors and should still be receiving my bi-weekly checks only the IC hasn't sent the last 2 and a 3rd one is due soon.

I'm beyond frustrated!!
    Jaqlyn,
    Have you tried calling the state of Florida workers comp employees assistance hot line ?
    You can find it online with a toll free number... I call them all the time if my lawyer tries to pull the wool over my eyes..

Questions? Need Help? Call (800)342-1741
    http://www.myfloridacfo.com/WC/employee/ineedhelp.html

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm