Texas Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Texas Workers

• Texas Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Texas Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Designated Doctors for Workers Comp

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: tx

Hello guys I have a lumbar issue injury in 10-10, radiculitis,annular tear. L-4 7MM change, L-5 S-1 9MM change foraminal stenosis, lateral stenosis instabilty noted for spinal collapse. The S-1 and nerve impingement have gotten so,bad. Along with a few other things, all the diagnostics, ncv, injections, MRI, XRAYS all the supporting evidence is there. Now I had seen a DD back in april 2011 and they gave me 5%. So my lawyer her in san antonio dropped after a year after she cancelled numerous BRC'S and CCH'S supposedly she wasn't getting any help from my doctors, which of course was all a lie which I saw once I got my file back from her. So here we are in 2012 I had gone and got an ombudsmen she had my BRC set up within 3 months and things moving along, so the day of my BRC I was told my ER ATTY had postponed it because he wanted me to go to a designated doctor for extent of injury which was supposed to be what my BRC was for. I was so upset I found out the rescheduled for june !all this time if a designated doctor report for a specific (extent of injury) how could no one have said something. So can this lawyer along with Wcomp keep putting us off indefintely? isn't there something about 2 years? so does this mean eventually they can get out of fixing me? I need the fusion surgery without that my prognosis is not good.The chronic pain weakens your ability to be positive. so bottom line how many Designated doctors are normally seen one for each condition? please help

Default Re: About WC and the Designated Doctor Mess

how many Designated doctors are normally seen one for each condition?
    Could have several DD's... depends on the body part/condition, and specialty of the Dr DD.
    Hearings can be postponed based on discovery. Judges have the final say.

Default Re: About WC and the Designated Doctor Mess

ok, I understand the judge has the last say, but I am not even getting to judge level. my Employer atty is a true snake and had my previous atty scared to move. and I am confused the term you used is discovery? I want to understand this lawyer along with workers comp have been denying my extent of injury of course for last 2 years know that I do not have a musculature issue. So is what your saying is they are just now discovering a DD APPT had not been done, and decided to ask for this rather than letting me go before the judge to let them decide. Please anyone who has gone thru this let me know. Thanks for your response.