Default Torn TFCC and Bone Injury

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Oregon

I have a torn TFCC and a bone floating in my wrist from a drill the bound up on me at work ( I can actually see the bone sticking out just below my thumb). I currently have a closed workmans comp case with SAIF. I have requested an appeal and have a court date next month. I have been "let go" by one lawyer, but have a new one. My case was opened as a wrist sprain,but they discovered after a few months that it was a torn TFCC (after doing an MRI) My case worker never updated the claim to the TFCC. I went to several orthopedic surgeons who told me that my hand was severely injured, so much that they could not do the surgery, it was beyond their abilities. I have done the IME dance and they said my wrist was fine and declared me fit to go back to work without restrictions. I finally found a plastic surgeon that says with a wrist fusion he can take away my pain. I have been unable to use my right hand without severe pain for over a year now, so the fusion seems like the only option, I cannot live with this pain. My attorney just informed me that in all the medical documents the physicians said that I didn't need surgery. How can a DR. say one thing to your face and then write something else on paper? My attorney says that I need to ask for a settlement of 25k to start and that would be my best case scenario. The surgery alone costs 30-50K depending on what he finds when he gets in there! I can't believe that workmans comp does this to people all the time! The system is broken, what can I do to help fix it? Who do I contact? Is there anything in my case from what I have told that I can do?

Default Re: Grown Man Crying Over This Crap

Contact your state legislators. If your state is governed by Democrats, then you have a chance of getting the comp system improved.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law