Thread: Keinbock Diease

Default Keinbock Diease

i have a question, I was just told I have Keinbock, one cause is repetitive motion. I have been typing on the computer for over 25 years. Is this covered under workers comp in the State of Florida? Has anyone else have this or filed a claim for Keinbock? It is in my right wrist, which Im right handed. i have put off surgery because the outcome will be poor in the ROM with my right wrist.

please any help or suggestions?

Thank you for your time

Default Re: Keinbock Diease

repetitive strain injuries are covered by florida comp law.

Maybe. You need to go talk to some experienced work comp lawyers in your state. Repetitive motion injury cases can be very hard to win in comp.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

i have put off surgery because the outcome will be poor in the ROM with my right wrist.
    You said in your post in another thread your ER wants you to postpone any contemplated surgery, and that you "value your ROM" as well as your job... you need to have a clear understanding with your Dr about your treatment options...NOT your ER.
    Understand the potential outcome of not having the surgery, vs what it may be if you do.

Delaying a recommended treatment that is reasonably expected to "cure or relieve from the effects of your injury/illness" can/will have an adverse affect on your WC benefits.

If you have not already filed a notice of injury, you need to ASAP. The carrier will then complete their investigation and determine if it is compensable. The doctor would have to address if the condition is related to your employment.