Ohio Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Ohio Workers

• Ohio Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Ohio Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default What Happens After a Back Injury

hi
    i have had 2x pt, 2x epidermial injections of 3 ech time , idet procedure,been retrained,ppd of 14%,psyc review now my back is killing me.doc want to do a front and rear fusion of the l4 l5 and graph from hip.i aplied for ttd when i could no longer work and its up for hearing.my doc says my condition is spondylosis with myelopathy of lumbar region (levels unknown) and bwc says medical documentation does not support the c9 so they want a c86 filled out.my allowed conditions are SPRAIN LUMBAR REGION,BULGING DISCL5-S1,DDD DEGEN DISC DISL4-L5.wouldnt what doc calls spondylosis with myelopathy of lumbar region be same as dengen disc? any guideance would be helpfull..............
    thank you

Default Re: What Happens Next Back Injury

Hi max, I have given a lot of thought to this question because I have been and continue to face similiar issues. Prior to my injury I had no knowledge of terminology relating to backs nor knowledge of the WC system so it has been quite a learning experience. What I have come to the conclusion of after reading many web sites and doing my own research is that there are many different terms and definitions of myelopathies and even bulging discs and even injuries themselves when there is degenerative back issues. Also how those are presented in reports themselfs in how they are written by radiologist. Here is a example of what I am going through. Initially I had my first MRI in one hospital where the radiologist used older terminology in reading and writing my report. This report read as if the injury was not the cause of my back issues rather were degenerative in nature with spondylosis and myelopathy and possible bulging disc with nerve compression. The surgeon differed in his report and reading the MRI and in his verbal report to me stated that the problem was due to the injury but that there were degenerative issues as well. However he did not clearly state this in his report and there were errors in his report. Since that was a consult only he has not responded to those errors but both reports realy hurt my case and were rejected by WC for added conditions to my claim. Recently I had another MRI done by a different hospital. I had to pay for this myself but it was well worth it because the MRI was read by a radiologist who used the more modern terms and much better written and more complex than the two previous readings of the first MRI's. I also think the second MRI was done much better. The outcome with WC is not yet known due to having to file a motion and go to court however, my lawyer believes that the comprehension of the report will clearly show that my injury is now supported by the report and the new MRI. The difference is the way it is written. So could this be the same problem you are facing?

after speaking to my attorney he says doc has to link it to my original injury for it to be approved.
    however doc say he dosnt want to clarifiy this.he says its the mco and he never dose more than what he has already done. and lawyer says i will be stuck in limbo without it.
    biggest problem is i cant work and therefore cant get money to do anything.
    i should have opted for surgery earlier in my claim when it was on the table i guess.

Max, Can you do Voc Rehab? That is what I'm doing but only have a few more weeks. Then go back to WL . I have so many restrictions it isn't funny, but as long as I have restrictions I do what they want and do the best I can even though I am pretty sure no one will hire me. Cannot bend, cannot lift, cannot stand, cannot sit too long, use a cane and am over 60. Now If I could find a job that I could do laying down I would be all set. Isn't WC just too much? Hang in there.

i did rehab already and been back to work now back is too bad to work at all