I'll try to be brief...

I fell approximately 25 feet from a utility pole in Nov. 2009. After the insurance adjuster failed to contact me after returning her calls for 3 weeks (phone was broken in the fall), I hired an attorney. The contracting company I was working for sold their contract to another company 2 weeks after my fall. I was fired by the original, however the new company had already agreed to hire me on as a technician when the contract change occured. Obviously this didn't happen as I was seriously injured.

It took 3 months to get to an orthopedic after hiring attorney. Neck surgery for herniated/ruptured disc came 11 months after diagnosis (insurance company took much time to approve ANY treatment and outright denied several doctor prescribed treatments). The ACDF surgery has taken almost 1.5 years to heal and has not healed completely. I still have an ulnar nerve transposition which was diagnosed early 2010. Surgery has finally been approved, upcoming soon. During the ACDF surgery, bone marrow was taken from my left hip to speed the bone fusion process. The hip experiences severe pain, however some days are worse than others. My doctor has told me they may have "nicked" a nerve when extracting the marrow.

Vitamin D and Calcium prescriptions denied after surgery.
Testosterone level tests denied after surgery.
Pain management for neck and shoulder denied for 10 months after prescribed approximately May 2011. Recently approved and awaiting panel of 3.
EMG for severe shoulder pain (started mild then degernerated to severe over time) denied.
Physcial therapy (electric stimulation) denied.
Psyciatric treatment for depression following accident denied.
Bone growth accelerator for slow healing of bone after ACDF surgery at C6-C7 denied.
All medication prescribed by doctor is no longer being covered.
There may be additional treatments prescribed which I just can't recall at the moment.
My doctor (Dr. Law of Centenial) says he has only had one patient treated worse that I have been by workers comp and at one time stated I would get a "moderate" impairment rating (based on neck and shoulder pain, ulnar injury, and presumably hip nerve damage.

My attorney won the case for a "discovery" in Nov. 2011 (Dept. of Labor sided with my attorney and I). The insurance company is currently not paying for any prescriptions and anything my doctor prescribes is ignored until a form is filed with the D.O.L. and is ruled in my favor.

I have lost 2.5 years of my life, and by the time the elbow surgery is completed and healed it will be closer to 3 years or greater.

To say I am frustrated is an extreme understatement. I realize there is nothing I can do but wait.

What I really want to know is what I will be entitled with a "moderate" impairment rating. I know I will never be able to do the physical type of labor I was doing before my injury. I haven't posted here in well over a year, but nothing much has changed with my case.

Will the insurance company taking time to approve treatments prescribed by my doctor affect my case?
Will the insurance company outright refusing to pay for treatments affect my case?

It's extremely difficult to get answers from anyone. I trust my attorney completely, however I think he just doesn't want me to get my hopes up.

If there is anyone out there that can give me real answers based on workers comp laws/experience without the legal jargon it would be appreciated. I'm severely depressed with my situation and finding day to day life extremely trying to say the least. I'd like to know what I can expect. I will be happy to expand on any information needed if I can only get some answers.

I can't even buy a decent couch (tried over the weekend) to help relieve the pain (by being able to sit/relax in a comfortable position) as workers comp income counts as unemployment. I have no medical insurance. I don't qualify for TNCare. After 2.5 years of barely getting by on slightly more than $300 a week, I really need something to look forward to.

Thank you to anyone that can give me good information in advance.