Hawaii Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Hawaii Workers

• Hawaii Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Hawaii Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Cool Workers Comp and Physical Therapy Appointment Coverage

I'm a Federal Govt. Contractor, I work as a mechanic and I got injured at work. So I got injured the and I went to the Occupational Health in Kaiser, Dr. got me going back to work week and a half later with some major limitations, not sure if work will let me come back. But I do need to schedule 15 appointment of physical therapy and I am going to try and schedule it as late as possible. My question to anybody is that, is there any law out there that covers the employee for loss wages because of check-ups and appointments. It feels that the employee is in a lose/lose situation all the way around. We as employees either lose our vacation time that is earned or personal time, all due to an injury at work.

Default Re: Workers Comp and Physical Therapy Appointment Coverage

Unless you are covered under a CBA/Collective Barganing Agreement, union contract, that requires your ER to pay for time loss to treat an injury... No, there is no law except for the state of Connecticut.

You are not due "disability" benefits because you are working.
    You are right to make the appts as late as possible, or possibly early or lunch hour.

you are entitled to travel reimbursement, go to the Disability Compensation Division and pay $2.00 for a copy of Chapter 386 and know your rights and a copy of the medical fee schedule to know your rights to treatment. section 12-10-25 administrative rules Travel Reimbursement aloha

This is just for info. the legislature passed a WC law regarding IME's after July 1 2012 (I think thats the date) The IME has to be approved by both sides so no more money for the bad ones. I think its HB 466

Do you have a Federal case or a state law case? If Federal, you may want to post in the Federal forum here.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

It was the hawaii legislature that passed it, they are in general people friendly

I was referring to the OP--he says he is a Federal contractor, so perhaps Hawaii law does not govern his claim.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

HB466 did not pass, it was stalled in the Ways and Comittee because senator David Ige pockets are full of insurance companies .. Thats our legislature process in hawaii when senators are pursuaded by insurance lobbyist aloha