Georgia Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Georgia Workers

• Georgia Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Georgia Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Nerve Conduction for Pain Management

As I posted on 2/15, I have 2 injuries on my claim. The back injury has met MMI and my PTP has sent me out for pain mgmnt. I saw the doctor at the pain center monday and took my MRI films. This Doc insists that this is not work related??? I have been out of work almost a year. Pain Doc has insisted I have a NCT to find my source of pain for treatment. I suppose the surgeon I have been seeing is a complete idiot according to the opinion of this pain management doc. The DX is bilateral lumbar radiculopathy and spinal stenosis, annular tear. Anyone have any input? My PTP was not on a ER list, I chose this Dr.
    I need to know what to expect. It was really unsettling. Will this have an affect on my case since I have reached MMI or is this just standard run of the mill WC??

Default Re: Nerve Conduction for Pain Management

sure.
    any physician's opinion can be used as evidence in support of a decision to deny benefits.

This Doc insists that this is not work related??? I have been out of work almost a year. Pain Doc has insisted I have a NCT to find my source of pain for treatment.
    If this Dr is now saying your injury is not work related....they won't pay for NCT, or further treatment...they will use this Dr opinion, any Dr opinion that says you are not entitled to the WC benefits. Yes, it will affect your benefits/claim.
    You need to consult with an attorney. You may have to file for a hearing in WC court to resolve this.

Thanks to you both. I am very fearful of this test as I have heard they can be excruciating and leave IWs with bad side affects. I hope this test is approved and I have it and this doctor realizes how much pain I actually have. Heck, I have an old tens unit and I use it occasionally and I have to crank it up to 55 to feel any muscle reaction. I have consulted my atty and he feels that even though this doctor is a bit radical, it could be a good thing and I will just ride out the storm and see. I do understand that once the pen has hit the paper and then the fax machine, that it could be a real mess. Not afraid of results, I am so not into pain of any kind. I will request an appointment with my PTP that gave my MMI WP rating BEFORE I have this test...after all he did refer me to this pain mgmt doc. Good grief! Why does it ave to be such a circus!?