North Carolina Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured North Carolina Workers

• North Carolina Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• North Carolina Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default My Lawyer is Stalling After Recieving the Clincher Info from the Defense Attorney

My case was settled by way of clincher in January, and here is almost 4months later and I haven't signed the clincher and my attorney wont answer or return my calls. I talked to him once this month. What can I do? I really don't know if he is trying to beat me or what?

Default Re: My Lawyer is Stalling After Recieving the Clincher Info from the Defense Attorney

Has the defense lawyer drafted the clincher and sent it to your lawyer yet? If so, perhaps your lawyer is trying to get some of the language changed in it for some reason. Delays of several weeks are not uncommon for that process. See if you can get your lawyer's paralegal on the phone and ask her to tell you what is going on. If your lawyer's office will not communicate with you in spite of your reasonable efforts, then the NC State Bar in Raleigh has a "client assistance" person you can call. That person will call your lawyer and that will usually prompt a call back to you pretty quickly. No lawyer wants to be on the State Bar's radar screen!
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law