Default Should I Sign Statement to Return to Work

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: PA
    I have sedentary restrictions from a serious injury that happened over a year ago. My employer wants me to return to work within the sedentary restrictions which is great but they want me to sign a form they have that outlines my restrictions and also tells me it is my responsibiltiy to follow the restrictions and it tells me to report to my supervisor daily to report and problems/concerns. My attorney reviewed the form and has advised me not to sign it. He told me to go back to work, but not to sign the form. I meet with them tomorrow and am not sure how they will react when I refuse to sign the form. I worked for this employer for over 20 years. There have been comments made by a manager of the employer about my restrictions/injury comparing it to someone else's disability. The comment was made that I need to have a "will" to work. That he has seen people with prosthetics that have less restrictions than me. That is very condensending and insulting. I am following my doctor's recommedations as well as the IME doctor. My doctor and the IME doctor both said my foot is not going to get any better than it is now and will progressively get worse until another procedure/surgery will be required.

Default Re: Should I Sign Statement to Return to Work

also tells me it is my responsibiltiy to follow the restrictions and it tells me to report to my supervisor daily to report and problems/concerns.
    Whether you sign the form or not, it is your responsibility to monitor your daily living activities, including your job functions. The restrictions are on you, not your ER, it's not your ER responsibility to monitor even at work.

Listen to your attorney...no one on a message board should second guess the advice your atty gives you.