Default Why Didn't Worker's Comp Doctors Recommend Appropriate Tests

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Texas

Hey guys I've had two slap repairs, and one bicep decompresion with little improvement to my strength. After asking a couple of doctors they make it sound like my neck should of been checked out a long time ago. My question is: If other doctors act like this should of been done a long time ago why then, did workers comp doctors not recommend it?
    Thanks

Default Re: Withheld Information

Did you claim a neck injury?
    Talk to your comp Dr about your complaints/symptoms

No my original complaint (and current complaint) is general weakness, pain that seems to radiate from the shoulder down my arm, up my neck and down my back. Some numbness if I have been trying to use my arm. I have told this to both of my comp docs, and neither have mentioned anything possibly being wrong with my neck. The doctor who performed my MMI said directly (With no prompting) that my neck needs to be looked at. My physical therapist (who holds a doctorates in sports med and something else) said my neck should be looked at. Today I had an FCE and I asked the PT who was doing it if he thought some of my problems may lie in my neck and he said yes. He seemed surprised that I have never had an xray/mri done to rule it out due to how I got my injury.Are these doctors encouraged not to look into other possibilities?

Are these doctors encouraged not to look into other possibilities?
    No...WC is not health insurance for the IW... the ER is the insured party. Dr only looks at, treats what your complaints are. The Dr's are not with holding info here... you have to make yourself clear in what your complaints/symptoms are, and discuss this thououghly with your treating physician.
    The MRI/Radiologist report goes to your treating Dr... if your neck is causing the problem, it should be addressed.
    No my original complaint (and current complaint) is general weakness,
    "Pain" is not a work injury, did you have a specific onset injury, ie. lifting, pulling etc ?