Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Wisconsin Workers

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Attorney Won't Return My Calls

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Wisconsin
    Currently waiting for hearing.Dont know the exact date my WKC-16 -B was filed since I never recieved a copy from my atty. I,ve tried contacting him in Dec.2011 and in Jan 2012 and again on March26,2012.He sent me a letter in Jan2012 stating he did get my message and was willing to touch base with me, but never recieved a call?He currently sent me a letter stateing that he recieved a letter dated March 15 2012 GL123 correspondence with regards to my claim and he is requesting another final WKC-16-B from the occupational docter I am seeing to certify the claim for hearing on or before june 1 2012. Dont know what is going on since my atty wont return my calls.

Default Re: My Atty. Doesnt Return My Calls. What is a Gl123 Correspondence

make an appointment and go see him

after a little thought lawyers dont make much money for workers comp cases.
    they do alot of paperwork and its a time consumming ordeal.i myself went through 3 lawyers in a 6 years so far but i told the last one. i was looking for someone honest and he turned out to be very fair and honest.. so you really have to look at it from their side of things and realize not all lawyers are equal.this forum really helps alot of people because you can research what others have been through and get a good idea what to kind of expect.but like i said above i would make an appointment with him or her and see how they act when your face to face.be nice and also check to see if your allowed in your state to change lawyers.also get use to long waits for things to happen in your case it takes forever it seems.i was on pills for 2 years before i got any real medical help.........hope this helps peace

Thanks for the reply. 4 hours after I posted this my atty. called and cleared things up.(I wonder if he reads posts on this site?)

If your atty isn't up front with you about what's going on, or if you don't hear from him for days at a time with you calling and leaving messages, then perhaps you should consider another atty? Mine lets me know that he is busy, but at least he calls me back within the 24 hrs of my message. But I always make sure that I'm specific with my questions when I leave a message so he's able to give me the answers, able to assess how long the call will take, so he knows what time would be best for him to answer my call. But if he doesn't call you within at least 48, I'd drop him like a bad habit and find a better one.

Just saying. If he's not able to make a simple call, is he able to do everything in his power to get you what need in your case? Something to think about.

Good Luck!