North Carolina Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured North Carolina Workers

• North Carolina Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• North Carolina Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Out of State Workers Comp

Hey anyone know any place I can be seen by a doctor in charlotte, NC im from NYC and my workers comp case is there I need to see a Doctor asap i am in so much pain thanks in advance for reading.

Default Re: Out of State Workers Comp

goto er at hospital tell them its wc claim

Contact the claims adjuster handling your benefits. There may be a list of Dr they will approve.
    Going to the emergency room is not going to get you more than a few vicodan at the most. Er's don't treat "pain" as in chronic pain patients...Er's are for "emergency" treatment...life/death situations... you will be referred to your own Dr for follow up if they give you anything.

Other than that...you haven't provided sufficient info here to tell what your situation is...
    Have you actually moved to NC?
    Are you visiting NC?
    It's difficult to find Dr;s out of your home state to treat industrial injury, they have enough crap to deal with in their own system, there is no extra money for navigating NY WC mandates.

Try the Rehab Center on 7th Street or SE Pain Management. But good luck. It is hard enough to find docs here to take NC comp these days. Call your adjuster, that person is responsible for finding you medical care.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

I have called my adjuster and email many messages but no response as of yet! And yes I have moved to charlotte, NC and am in need of a doctors I can see that takes out of state WC. I have contacted pain management and they dont take out of state wc. I think i will have no choice but the emergency room!

If you don't have a lawyer, call the adjuster every day until you get some movement.

If you have a lawyer, then let the lawyer handle it. But you need a NY lawyer for it.

There are several pain management clinics in the Charlotte area. Did you try them all?

Do you have health insurance? Perhaps you can work out a deal where you use health insurance and then the comp carrier reimburses the health carrier.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law