Kansas Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Kansas Workers

• Kansas Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Kansas Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Restrictions Without Medical Examination

I have a question I was injured at my company and I went to an orthapedic doctor and he was supposed to be authorized to look at both of my arms. So when I arrived at the doctors office she said he only had authorization to look at my right so he said that I have no use of right arm. Never gave me any paper work supposly gave it to my lawyer and all this time I am on work comp and then one day I am told to return to work, because the doctor put restrictions on my left which he never looked at and never gave me any paper work so I am wonder is that allowed to do so or not. I am very concerned about that. Doctor's giving restrictions without evening looking or examing my left arm.

Default Re: Work Comp

yes, your lawyer will be able to use that information resolve your claim.

Default Re: Work Comp

sandersfam3
    So when I arrived at the doctors office she said he only had authorization to look at my right so he said that I have no use of right arm. Never gave me any paper work supposly gave it to my lawyer
    Never leave a doctors office without a disability slip - never!! It's your responsibilty to protect your rights and inform your employer of your status.
    When you left that office what did you present to your employer to explain your absence?
    How did you inform the employer of your disability?

I am wonder is that allowed to do so or not.
    You are allowed a disability slip at the end of each doctors visit, they should also send one to your employer.

Normally they schedule appointments on a 30 day basis and update your restrictions at each visit.
    You and your employer should be aware of your disability status by the fact you both should be receiving monthly disability slips.

There should be no surprises, you should ask questions and get answers at each doctors visit.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm