Default Confused About Work Comp Benefits

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: california
    I'm very confused. I was injured may 2011, started receiving ttd benefits, then they stopped after I was released back to full duty. My employer then refused to give me my job back and fired me. My pain and numbness continued I was evaluated by 5 different Dr's and had a nerve study done, study showed I had a compressed nerve. I eventually found a part time job and worked for about a month with restrictions I then got cut back to only 4 hrs a week and applied for UI, but benefits are being switched to disability..... sooo I'm confused.. WC refused to pay me for the other months, even though I should've been receiving ttd benefits, but they approved my surgery, meds and PT and are now paying me my current ttd benefits.... but why won't they pay me for the other past months.? That's my confusiion.

Default Re: Confused About Work Comp Benefits

there may be a dispute about what time off was authorized by a doctor or when you were working.
    there is no way we can tell what they are thinking.
    best have a hearing in comp court and have them explain it to the judge.

you have an atty. you can change attys at any time.

i believe you have posted this question before and have been given similar advice.
    what answers don't you understand?
    whY do you think there are readers here who know the details of your case and can read the mind of your comp carrier/employer?
    Last edited by .SH; 04-03-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Default Re: Confused About Work Comp Benefits

You were screwed by a full duty release to return to work. We see that all the time in my state.

Here, doctors give a full duty release because they think they are doing the right thing but all they are doing is setting up the employee to get fired with no recourse under the work comp law.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law