California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Osteonecrosis of the Ankle

I had a connective tissue ankle injury back in 2010, that was operated on in mid 2011. Due to the wait & me over compensating, it developed into Osteonecrosis. The surgeon repaired it & hopefully it will do. But there is a moderate possibility that I will need more surgeries in the next 10-15 years. I am waiting to get rated, but the doctor has put it at about a general 30%. Really don't want to get short changed on something that if neglected, I could lose the foot. Now the insurance rep wants to settle & I don't have a lawyer. Thanks for any advice, I appreciate any help.

Default Re: For Osteonecrosis of the Ankle, What is a Reasonable Settlement Amount

Lawyer up... www.caaa.org for names in your zip code. At the very lease a consultation, which is free.

There is no "reasonable" rating, or amount for a cash settlement.
    IF you take the cash... you will also be agreeing to pay out of your pocket for future medical care. Not a good idea if you think surgery is contemplated in the next few years or so. You won't be paid sufficient funds to cover the surgery, which is a "maybe"...

Default Re: For Osteonecrosis of the Ankle, What is a Reasonable Settlement Amount

a rating conversion table is here
    http://www.pdratings.com/storage/2012pdchart.pdf
    come back if you have questions.

I am waiting to get rated, but the doctor has put it at about a general 30%. Really don't want to get short changed on something that if neglected, I could lose the foot.
    There is no such thing as a ''general'' rating.
    Once you are stable/MMI, your PTP will evaluate you using the AMA 5th edition for rating disabilty, that number will then be converted using the PDRS/Permanent Disability Rating Schedule. Rating are complex issues, IW's are not generally astute at calculating a PD/WPI rating.

If you disagree with your PTP final report/rating, or the CA does, you go to PQME.
    As I said, you should not try to navigate this on your own... consult with an attorney ....again...www.caaa.org.