California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Whats to Expect from a 22% Apportionment Payout

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: California/Orange County

They say I have estimated rating after apportionment as follows 90% (15.01.01.011-13-(5)-17-4901-23-24)=22%

My settlement for workers comp claim for lower back as follows: 40% impairment to the CT claim would equal 9% PD and 50% impairment to the specific injury equals 11% PD. What can i expect for settlement payment? I will get future medical treatment as part of settlement.

Is there anything else I should ask for or consider?

I was a police officer for 20yrs+ and im a male 44yrs old.

Default Re: Whats Should I Expect from 22% Apportionment Pay Out in California

a conversion table of PD ratings is here
    http://www.pdratings.com/storage/2012pdchart.pdf
    contact your atty or come back if you have questions.

What can i expect for settlement payment? I will get future medical treatment as part of settlement.
    Not a cash payment... no guarantee of that. You'd be paid biweekly PD benefits until the number of weeks is satisfied.
    You should be ready for a much lower weekly rate... $230-$260 depending on your AWW.
    That is a Stipulation w/Request for Award/Order "settlement".

Thank you for the PD chart. That was helpful. Is there anything else I can ask for in the settlement? I do have an attorney but I wanted to get a 2nd oppinion. Make sure I was covering my basis.

Quote Quoting Blade 2010 View Post
    Thank you for the PD chart. That was helpful. Is there anything else I can ask for in the settlement? I do have an attorney but I wanted to get a 2nd oppinion. Make sure I was covering my basis.
    If there is a stipulation agreement...you get the biweekly benefits, and access to medical care. That's it.
    Your atty fees will be deducted "off the far end", meaning the number of weeks will be reduced. There are no other monies in a Stip agreement.

I do have an attorney but I wanted to get a 2nd oppinion. Make sure I was covering my basis.
    If you want a second opinion... you get that from a attorney who will review your file. There are no sources for "legal advice" or second opinion on any message board.

There is a Stip agreement, and pretty much covers what you said. Thanks for the info.

comp benefits include Medical, TD, PD, & retraining voucher.
    no other benefits are available.

you can get basic information on california comp here
    http://www.dir.ca.gov/CHSWC/Reports/...book-3rdEd.pdf

If I qualify for TTD, and my gross weekly pay was $2000 ($8000month), what would be my TTD wages and how long do you receive TTD?

If I qualify for TTD, and my gross weekly pay was $2000 ($8000month), what would be my TTD wages and how long do you receive TTD?
    Answered in your other thread...