California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Workers Comp

are there any ratings on here for carpal tunnel

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel

You are rated on impairment/partial disabilty, not type of injury. Carpal tunnel is not rated specifically.
    Your loss of earning capacity, ability to compete in the open labor market, and daily living activities are taken into consideration.

Yea, I know. I was wondering if anyone has been rated for Carpal tunnel. My doctor is challenging the report from the AME. He says in his report that I suffer NO pain, and therefore no 3% increase. I suffer from RSD. My whole life revolves around my pain. His report is based on lies and I plan on challenging it. And according to his report, RSD DOESN'T SPREAD. What a ahole. EVEYONE knows it spreads in over 70% of the people that get it.

I hate when I see a dr. that claims they know rsd, only to find out that I know more. They should let us write our own reports, No one seems to comprehend the pain and suffering that rsd go through on a DAILY BASIS!

Never included the HUGE scars from the 3 spinal cord surgeries I've had. Which IS ratable. Sorry I'm ranting. Just want to know if anyone has suffered from Carpal Tunnel, and have been rated.

I have been rated for CT. I have had 2 surgeries on each hand and have scars from the middle of my palms down past my wrists. The surgeries didn't work and it left me Permanently Disabled. My rating is 48%. BUT, every case is different. A lot of things go into consideration when making a rating as someone previously posted.

You see what I am saying. How can I be 39% when I have RSD, No use of my (L) leg/foot. Have had 3 spinal cord surgery's, still need surgery on (L) knee. Will need surgery on (R) knee, and both hands for CT.

Evidently, not much went into my rating.

I say again, I AM NOT 39%!!!!!!!!

Thanks tepp.

FYI. Went to ame last year. Ame report says, After examing MR. D, NO future surgeries needed. Had cat scan done of knee, shows torn ligiments. Surgery to be scheduled. I talked to a Medical Malpractice att, and he says I CAN SUE for medical malpratice. I've been denied treatment for well over a year, due to this doctors report. Causing me ALOT of pain and suffering. These doctors should NOT be allowed to treat us like this. It is time to take a stand.

YEAH! I SO Hope you set a precedent for IWs. Keep us posted, please.

went to MSC. Judge said since I cancelled depo of AME we would proceed with evidence at hand. I explained to the judge that I did NOT agree with ame report, and that I have NOT completed treatment for ALL injuries.

AME says NO future surgeries needed. I say I have torn ligaments in both knees, And I am still having siezures. IC approved cat scan of (R) knee, part of original injury, but would not approve (L), as it is NOT part of original inj.

I say, that being on the crutches for 8 years has messed up my (L) knee, and my (L) hip. Thery have accepted Shoulders, hands and elbows, from overuse sydrome, but refuse (L) knee, and (L) hip. Which I say, has been carring all the weight for low these many years.They also don't agree that the rsd is causing my siezures. Showed judge, IA, and judge copy of cat scan which says, tear of the posterior horn of the medial meniscus. There is a benign-appearing scleroctic focus in the distal femer. Whatever that means. DA says that I don,t need surjury for that type of tear. I say, it sweels up alot, and hurts like you know what. Judge says send report to AME for his opinion. Judge asked IA to see if QME I have seen twice, is a nuero. If so, I should return to him, to resolve siezures, and (L) knee, hip. I informed the judge that I would like to complete ALL these issues, have ALL reports sent to DEU and be rated by them. Did I handle that o.k. Or is there something I should have done differantly.

You need the medical evidence supplied by your Dr to support your claim for benefits.

You can be MMI and still treat, even compensable consequences to the org injury.
    Whether you handled this right/wrong...you'll know when the judge issues a finding... apparently that's not going to happen, as you've been sent back to PQME for re evaluation/opinion/report. That's better than a kick in the ass...
    I say, that being on the crutches for 8 years has messed up my (L) knee, and my (L) hip.
    You know it doesn't matter what you say. Judge is not a medical professional.... now he wants the PQME expert opinion, medical/legal evaluation before making a decision.

It is better than a kick in the ass. What benefits do you mean? I thought I provided the evidence, when I produced the cat scan results.