New York Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New York Workers

• New York Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New York Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default How Long Does It Take to Get a Section 32 Hearing Once Paperwork is Signed

I signed off on my section 32 agreement (paper work) two weeks at my attorneys office. My question is how long will it take for me to actually get a section 32 hearing. I really need the money. I tried to call my attorney but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Default Re: How Long Does It Take to Get a Section 32 Hearing Once Paperwork is Signed

It could take as long as 6-8 weeks. Some advice though...make sure you don't go outside and do anything that you supposedly "can't do". They will be out there taking video of you. I was offered $135,000 settlement. Then I bought myself a self propelled lawn mower so that I could mow the lawn with my bad back without having to push it. They took video of me mowing and really didn't care that it was self propelled. They dropped my settlement offer to $85,000. So because I tried to see if I could possibly do something as simple as walking behind and steering a lawnmower, it cost me $50,000. Once I had the hearing, I got my check in 2 weeks. So good luck to you and be careful what you do.

Default Re: How Long Does It Take to Get a Section 32 Hearing Once Paperwork is Signed

Actually my hearing has been already scheduled in 3weeks, but while you were waiting for the hearing is that when they taped you cutting the grass with the self propelled lawn mower, I was offered a 130,000 settlement, my attorney already advisied me not to do anything i claim that i cannot do, and to follow my restrictions because they are probalby going to have a private investigator watching me. They have been watching me on an off the whole 3 years i have been out. Thank you very much for your advise, my eyes are wide open.

Once the board got my paper work it took them a week to schedule my hearing.