Default Short-Term Disability and Workers Comp

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: NJ

I was informed by STD that if WC denies my claim I can apply with them. Has anyone gone that route and will they be paid back if WC settles? I have a WC atty and WC is starting to deny payments and treatment. I am unable to return to work currently.

Default Re: Std and WC

You should apply for STD even if your WC claim is accepted, as the payouts may be different, and the STD carrier may pay an off set. This is unknown due to each policy being different.

There are deadlined to apply for STD...so I recommend applying ASAP.

I don't know much about your STD policy, but when i first got hurt my employer put me on std and it paid the difference from the 66.6% that wc was paying to what my 100% would be for the first 6 months after injury till they switched me to ltd

I applied for STD, they told me that when WC denies me to send them a copy of the denial letter along with the doctor's note writing me out of work and they will pay me. WC rate is 70% and STD is slightly less. Anything will do right now because I am getting nothing...WC paid me a total of one TTD check and said they will not pay anymore because the claims adjuster put me at a "cap"...whatever that is. I still do not have a specific reason why OR a denial letter. My atty is calling the IC on Monday because he said that what they told me makes no sense. I haven't even been released by my doc yet and am at step one with treatment. What are the chances the atty will get them to resume my payments or will they have to file a motion? I need to know why first...how can they make a decision when the doc that THEY sent me to has put me out of work. I thought that when that happens, they start paying you. Totally confused and frustrated right now and its not helping my condition.

My husband went through pretty much the same thing. He has been out for a year and a half. His state disability has already been exhausted and he has yet to recieve anything from the WCI. We had our first hearing a week ago and the Judge has award us TTD payments, but we have no clue as to when we will receive them. My husband has been seeing a doctor, but that is only because he was referred through our attorney. The WCI finally approved his knee surgery, but his back is still a mess.
    I hope that your case is settled much faster than ours is and that you have a faster moving attorney!!