California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Question Continuing SDI Benefits

I signed up for SDI in June09 while waiting for response from CA on my claim. Claim was denied so I received SDI benefits for 7 months which at that point I was declared MMI. Later on in 2010 CA approved that claim after the report from the QME. My PTP requested surgery which was approved and I started receiving TTD in Sept 2010. This coming Sept will be the end of my 104 weeks of TTD. SDI told me that CA still has not paid them back for the first 7 months of SDI benefits, so that leaves me 5 months left of the original SDI claim. My question is if my PTP still has me TTD after WC benefits end, is it easy to still collect the remaining 5 months of SDI? Or will SDI give me a hard time? I will ask my AA about the 7 months that the CA has not paid yet, because I think I read here in the past that if they do I would be eligible for the whole 52 weeks of SDI.

Thank you

Default Re: Continuing Sdi

it's not easy or hard.
    have the doctor submit the verification that you are not MMI and still temporarily disabled.
    it's not like SDI is under contract with your employer; it's just rules.

if it results in more then 104 weeks of total TD, comp will not repay SDI.

Default Re: Continuing Sdi

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    it's not easy or hard.
    have the doctor submit the verification that you are not MMI and still temporarily disabled.
    it's not like SDI is under contract with your employer; it's just rules.

if it results in more then 104 weeks of total TD, comp will not repay SDI.
    I understand it's just rules, but I want to know if anyone knows the rules to what I'm asking. Will I be able to collect the other 5 months of SDI that I didn't use without have to appeal it or anything. You said .SH that if it results in more than 104 weeks of TD that comp won't repay SDI. Repay them what? The 7 months I used before they accepted the claim? Please try to make this more clear, maybe it's just me not understanding what you're trying to say. Thank you