Texas Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Texas Workers

• Texas Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Texas Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Workers Compensation Insurance vs. Short-Term Disability

My workers compensation claim was made in the Basically, I was diagnosed with Carpal tunnel in both arms in 2008 and had surgery on both arms to fix the issue. I was on short term disability for 3 months, with my company paying less than 40% of my hourly rate because there was a cap on the coverage at $500 per week. After returning to work and doing the same movements over and over again for the last few years, I am back to where I started with pain in both arms and horrible pain at night.

I am going back to my hand doctor tomorrow to see what he recommends, but I am thinking I need a long (if not permanent) break from this type of work again but am concerned about the problems I had financially with going on short term disability like last time.

My injuries are obviously work induced and so I am wondering what all is involved with getting workers compensation and how that works and if it can be used to supplement short term disability. Obviously, my job did not offer me that option last time so this time I want to make sure I am prepared.

any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. State of: Texas

Default Re: Wci vs Std Need Guidance

you can get the details on Texas workers comp benefits here
    http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/employee/benefits.html

links to details about the individual benefits are at the top of the TDI page.

Default Re: Wci vs Std Need Guidance

You need to talk to a Texas workers' comp lawyer.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law