Default Lost Half of My Left Ring Finger

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: pa
    On dec 23. my left ring finger was smashed when loading a 90lbs drain value in to a trailer when throwing it in it caught a trailer board and smashed it between the vaule and a 300lbs steel tee completely smashing the bone and opening my finger wide open. the doctor work for months to try and save the finger because i use my hands so much at work. on april 17th (2 days b4 my birthday) they decided the finger was not saveable due to it causing my hand to be stuck in weird ways and half the finger tip was black and fell off they called it a S scar i beleave now i have been clearing for work on the 30th of may. i have no problem going back i love my job i just hope i dont have any issues griping and throwning 190lbs pipe that we do all day. the question i am wondering is if anyone knows how much my finger is worth for specific loss i make 599 a week (witch i think is low ) on workers comp right now and its exactly half the left ring finger

Default Re: Lost Half of My Left Ring Finger

You need to consult with a certified WC attorney... before you make any decisions on settlement of this claim.
    Only a comprehensive review of your file, by the atty can provide the answers you are seeking.
    No one can predict the potential value of your loss/claim... but an attorney.

An initial consultation with a work comp lawyer is typically free and you have no obligation to the lawyer.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

well after 3 weeks of my doctor turning in my hand chart for the finger loss i called the insurance company 6 times to figure out when my last check was going to be and what my specific loss they would offer me i kept getting answering machine after answering machine intill i said i would call a lawyer then they called back 5 mins later yea go figure. the transferred my cases to a new person who had no idea what was going on when i asked about spicfic loss she said i would have to talk to my doctor about it and he would explain it after he submit the hand chart i told her he has already and she told bc im in pa and they are in new your to talk to my doctor again i dont understand here, One she seems like she is eather avoiding the question or doesn't no workers comp laws for pa. im out about 17 grand after they paid me comp due to are contracts being upgraded at work and people getting more money and hours all i want is payed for my finger loss with out all the bullshit with dealing with a lawyer bc they only want whats best for there pocket not mine and if they suck and i sign a contract with them im screwed. No clue what to do new had to deal with this shit b4 and its very stressfull broadspire is the THIRD PARTY COMPANY handing my cases didnt know they could do that

all i want is payed for my finger loss with out all the bullshit with dealing with a lawyer bc they only want whats best for there pocket not mine and if they suck and i sign a contract with them im screwed. No clue what to do new had to deal with this shit b4 and its very stressfull
    I'm going to refer you to the post immediately before yours... An initial consultation with a work comp lawyer is typically free and you have no obligation to the lawyer. That is the BEST FREE legal advice you can get from a message board... TAKE IT and consult with an attorney who can review your file.

You are coming to a message board, obviously without a clue as to the process here...like you said " No clue what to do new had to deal with this shit b4 and its very stressfull ..." apparently seeking advice on how to proceed with your situation...NO ONE can second guess what the TPA/Third Party Adm, or you ER may be thinking, or what will happen next.

CYA... Cover Your Ass and talk to an attorney before you screw up this claim.

It is disappointing, but Section 306(c)(12) of WC Act, 77 P.S. 513(12), for specific loss of Third finger provides for 30 weeks of benefits, and 6 week healing period. You should call someone to see if you will be limited to that. PA does not yet have certified WC attorneys, but your local bar association may be able to refer someone for you.
    Francis J. Lafferty, IV, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Pennsylvania.
    fjl@norlaflaw.com
    www.norlaflaw.com
    http://www.workers-compensation-blog.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of PA and is personal in nature, not professional in nature. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Quote Quoting BvIA View Post
    I'm going to refer you to the post immediately before yours... An initial consultation with a work comp lawyer is typically free and you have no obligation to the lawyer. That is the BEST FREE legal advice you can get from a message board... TAKE IT and consult with an attorney who can review your file.

You are coming to a message board, obviously without a clue as to the process here...like you said " No clue what to do new had to deal with this shit b4 and its very stressfull ..." apparently seeking advice on how to proceed with your situation...NO ONE can second guess what the TPA/Third Party Adm, or you ER may be thinking, or what will happen next.

CYA... Cover Your Ass and talk to an attorney before you screw up this claim.
    I Agree, Make sure you consult an Att, Never go into shark waters Bleeding, they Will Eat you alive, For Example, Your Finger maybe be worth $200K and they will offer you $25 K and you will be Happy and Take it, Now they just Screwed you out of $175k. They love it when people dont hire and ATT.. Do you self a favor and look for one of the best ATT In your Area, that have been working workers comp Cases for years and have a good Track Record, You have an Excellent Case with lots of Potential... Sorry to hear about your Loss "Finger" Hope you are able to manage when you get back to work and hope it doesnt cause you more complications in the future <------ And that is also another Reason why you need a good Workers Comp Lawyer For your "Future? pain and suffering. For Me getting a good ATT was the best thing i ever did in my Life..

been back to work now for 2 months almost and out of the blue i get pulled off a frac site in the middle of the day and drove 2 hours back to shop and was fired due to thing being SLOW i was working 120 hour work weeks but things r slow boardspire wont return any of my calls anymore the lady just claims there defense attorneys are working on it bc she doesnt know pa charts for spicfic loss the last time she answered her phone im going to get a lawyer now to hell with them

Call an attorney. Please.
    Francis J. Lafferty, IV, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Pennsylvania.
    fjl@norlaflaw.com
    www.norlaflaw.com
    http://www.workers-compensation-blog.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of PA and is personal in nature, not professional in nature. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.