Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Wisconsin Workers

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Lost Finger Claim

I was injured at work around 4 months ago. I lost my finger due to machine malfunction. After receiving medical attention, I was back to work on light duty within a week. Another week passed and I was back to my normal work (I was officially released by the doctor the day I returned to work with no restrictions). When the doctor released me the only thing he said is that he will fax the information to my workmans comp rep at my job. I signed nothing, I accepted nothing. It has been 4 months now and I have heard NOTHING about my case or that anything is being done. What should I do?

Default Re: My Claim

Quote Quoting Facile View Post
    I was injured at work around 4 months ago. I lost my finger due to machine malfunction. After receiving medical attention, I was back to work on light duty within a week. Another week passed and I was back to my normal work (I was officially released by the doctor the day I returned to work with no restrictions). When the doctor released me the only thing he said is that he will fax the information to my workmans comp rep at my job. I signed nothing, I accepted nothing. It has been 4 months now and I have heard NOTHING about my case or that anything is being done. What should I do?
    contact the claims adjuster. you will need a rating report at some point when maximum healing/function has been reached.

I am fully healed. The only problem is swelling which will take 9 months to return to normal. I have contacted my Workmans Comp Representative 4 weeks ago and he told me I would receive payments in 2 weeks. I have heard nothing from him ever since.

Quote Quoting Facile View Post
    I am fully healed. The only problem is swelling which will take 9 months to return to normal. I have contacted my Workmans Comp Representative 4 weeks ago and he told me I would receive payments in 2 weeks. I have heard nothing from him ever since.

great.
    I'm glad you knew to contact the adjuster first.

a doctor has to determine if you have attained maximum medical improvement before a rating can be done.
    the next step would be to contact the state's Worker's Compensation division for help in obtaining a rating.
    start here:
    http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/wc/about_us/direct.htm

of course, you can always retain and atty and bring litigation against your employer.
    you can also have your employer contact the comp carrier.

Thanks for the help. Ill let you know how this all plays out...hopefully well.