Default Intentionally Causing Marital Strife by Contacting Wife Under False Pretenses

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: Rhode Island.

The WC lawyer hired a PI to stalk me and interrogate my neighbors, followed me across state lines , and the real problem I have is , he contacted my wife at her place of business and claimed to be from "UPS Loss Prevention" and said UPS was having trouble delivering something to her/me/us and gleaned information about my wife's work and when my wife asked what was being delivered, he said he didn't know but it was from (name withheld to protect my ex-wife's privacy) essentially my ex-wife on the West Coast where I lived for twenty-plus years.
    Why not on of my other friends on the West Coast?
    Why my ex-wife?
    This has caused alot of strife between us and that went on until the WC attorney , at a pretrial hearing, produced the results of their "surveillance". Now we know what that bizarre phone call was about and I've somewhat talked her down, explaining that I've had no contact with my ex since 1994.

I've spoken to my neighbors and I have a good description of this ass-clown PI, and since his company, Roman & Associates is out of Lynbrook, NY , I figure I'm looking for a car with New York plates and most likely an off-duty cop looking type inside with a camera.

I'm in alot of pain most of the time and I don't really need to get in a tussle with anyone but since he wants to mess with my marriage, I figure I can cause him an equal amount of anxiety. But, not until I'm sure I have no legal recourse.
    If it turns out he's within the law to try to disrupt my marriage, why then, I'll believe it's within the law for me to wish he chose another profession. This won't be hard to do.
    So, is it legal to try to cause problems to an injured parties marriage in order to scare them into dropping their case?

Default Re: Intentionally Causing Marital Strife by Contacting Wife Under False Pretenses

Message board is not a good place to ask "is it legal"... is it illegal?
    What is unfair isn't always illegal...

You need to talk to a WC attorney. Let him handle this claim and your problems....

Default Re: Intentionally Causing Marital Strife by Contacting Wife Under False Pretenses

Quote Quoting BvIA View Post
    Message board is not a good place to ask "is it legal"... is it illegal?
    What is unfair isn't always illegal...

You need to talk to a WC attorney. Let him handle this claim and your problems....
    I do have an attorney. I just found out about this surveillance. I wish they'd warned me, and, I should've known.
    Not being a scam artist, I wasn't looking out for this.
    I just don't know why my ex-wife from twenty years ago had to be
    dragged into it only to cause strife in peoples lives. All he wanted to know was,
    did I or did I not work there with my wife.
    What has that got to do with a package from the west coast
    from someone with my ex wifes first initial and last name.
    I have alot of friends out there but only one name could cause as much
    trouble as the name of my ex-wife , and this PI creep knew that.
    Ultimately, all I can do is let the lawyer handle it.
    My job, I guess , is to point out all the discrepancies, inaccuracies, and an almost hilarious amount of "spin".
    A small book I'm carrying to give to my dad turns into "A Large , Hardcover Book"...Oooh. Scary!
    He interrogates my neighbors and then describes my home as a neat well kept property and includes a photo of my other
    neighbors house because I haven't been able to mow the lawn yet this year and I couldn't finish painting the front after I get
    hurt last year, so my house basically looks like where a disabled guy lives, so..... no problem . Take a picture another , better looking
    house and call it mine. Oh, and move me up to the second floor, too!
    I live on the first floor. Two steps up and I'm in the door, but doesn't having me running
    up and down to the second floor and back sound so much better?...
    Real sloppy work and I can't wait to watch my lawyer get this half-assed rubbish thrown out of evidence.

BBJones, that is really rotten and unprofessional behavior and it really illustrates the criminal aspect of Insurance defense. I am glad that posts like yours expose the seedy side of IC practices.