California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Workers Comp Settlement

I was declare P&S after a year under different types of therapy. I have carpal tunnel on both hands, impegement on my right shoulder, nerve damaged on both arms, nerve damaged on both legs, sciatic nerve, and herniated discs lumbar. I want to know how much is a fair settlement in my case.

Default Re: Workers Comp Settlement

Quote Quoting calicleto View Post
    I was declare P&S after a year under different types of therapy. I have carpal tunnel on both hands, impegement on my right shoulder, nerve damaged on both arms, nerve damaged on both legs, sciatic nerve, and herniated discs lumbar. I want to know how much is a fair settlement in my case.
    the law only requires an adequate finalization or settlement not a fair one.

in order to determine the value of your future benefits and therefore their cashout value you would need to get an impairment rating from a doctor and have a permanent disability rating calculated by the state's Disability Evaluation Bureau. If you wished to negotiate a cashout value of your future medical award you would also need to discuss your future medical needs with your doctors and get a estimate of their costs.
    you could then calculate a present value and attempt to negotiate a reasonable buyout Compromise and Release amount. then if the work comp judge approves the settlement, it would be considered adequate.

more on california permanent disability benefits from the factsheet (D)
    http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides.html
    Last edited by .SH; 07-02-2012 at 01:07 PM.