Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Pennsylvania Workers

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Pennsylvania Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Question Shoulder Problems

I live in Pa
    On11/11/11 i hurt my shoulder at work. Went to company doctor who sent me for an mri.This showed a partial tear of the rotator cuff.
    Was sent to an orthopedic surgeon.After 3 months of therapy i decided to go to my own doctor.
    He did an arthoscopic surgery on the shoulder in May,followed by more therapy. At the time the shoulder was not getting any better so we decided to so an open subacromial decompression towards the end of june. I went to see the doctor the last week because when i take my arm out of the sling to do pendulums like the Dr advised it feels and looks like my collar bone is going to rip through my skin.
    He said he believes it to be scar tissue and wants me to do more therapy. Now what really concerns me is that he said therapy has to be very careful on what they do because if the shoulder is moved the wrong way(up over my head) i can tear the muscle again and it will not be able to be fixed ever again.This is my dominant arm as well
    i am a 36 year old male who has only done manual labor jobs but i am now really worried what happens now since my shoulder is now pretty much useless. I have a lawyer but was wondering what is going to happen now since the Dr said what he did about retearing the shoulder.
    Any info is greatly appreciated
    I have been recieving workers compensation with no problems
    Last edited by what to do now; 07-05-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: forgot text

Default Re: Shoulder Problems

Could you consider voc rehab and do some training?

i am assuming i am gonna need to go back to school to be able to get into a new field but i am wondering what steps should be taken next do i have to go for an ime or how do they figure out how much my shoulder injury is worth if they wanna settle.I am very confused as to what is goning to happen next in this giant twisted mess

You need a good wc lawyer to guide you through and make sure you don't get screwed over. Talking to a wc lawyer is free and fees are based on contingency. Stay away from flashy tv ad lawyers they rush people through the process. You want one who has your best interests at heart. Voc rehab us a benefit that costs money and you do not want to get screwed out of it. TTD payments continue in my state while you are in vr. You can imagine that is why no one rushes to volunteer the info. Reading posts here has really helped me to better prepare for what's ahead.

You already said you have a lawyer. I would suggest you make an appointment with your lawyer to discuss options. PA workers' compensation does not provide for vocational rehabilitation, and PA does not have a settlement formula like other states where settlement is based on impairment or some other factor. Here in PA, settlements are negotiated based upon a large number of factors. Your lawyer will be able to discuss this option with you in greater detail. Finally, you do not have to settle your case and if you are looking at an uncertain future in regard to medical treatment, settlement may not be in your best interest. Again, talk to your lawyer, that is why you retained him.
    Timothy D. Belt, Esquire
    Helping injured workers in Northeast Pennsylvania.
    belt-law@belt-law.com
    www.belt-law.com

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

thank you very much for the info Mr Belt. I will do just that