Illinois Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Illinois Workers

• Illinois Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Illinois Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Workers Comp Case Settled

well im done i think? i got my check last week for the idemity. but did not get my wcmsa check. self administer. with 2 years seed and 27 years with xx amount. question is where is the set aside check? lawyer said it should be mailed to me? or if it comes to him he will send it? sounds funny to me? why send just the settlement check and not the medicare set aside at same time. is this an insurance trick? i mean i have to attest every year how i spent it. how can i show it if i dont have it? damn i thought i was done with this crap.

Default Re: Settled

The set aside check is sent separately, you'll see it soon.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

thanks tony as im just not sure when i start to pay for my meds from the set aside ?
    and the injections every 3 months? i did get a book called medicare and you. but i get that from social security every year?

im just not sure when i start to pay for my meds from the set aside ?
    and the injections every 3 months?
    You'll start getting the bills when the IC refuses to pay, it's easier to notify the medical providers of the change in circumstances.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.

still no set aside check and my lawyer said that i did get my idemity. and there is nothing he can do? as we settled? as far as he is concerned our relation ship as client and lawyer is done? WTF?? i cant even talk to the insurance company about the seed money as there reply to me is you have a lawyer we cant tell you where or when that check may come? so now what? it states i was to get 2 checks when i signed the settlement one for the idenity and one for xx amount of seed money for medicare set aside and anual checks for the next 27 years. im not sure if i just got screwed or not? i can not get my pain meds or injections now.as i do not have the set aside money. to pay for them. total cost of these meds and injections are over$400 a month. yeah im pissed off. sneaky lawyer on my side and same on the other. whom do i complain too? i have to attest every year as to where the set aside money was spent? and i dont even have the damn money yet? i am to self administer this. how can i pay with out money? sorry just had to rant.

Be patient, it may take 30 days or so. I assure you, they will pay it, they don't have a choice.

Tony

still have not heard about the MSA check? been over 70 days and counting.
    i asked my AA after telling his legal aid that he is still my lawyer untill this is done with.
    all he said was i will call the lawyer on there end and ask. that,s been 35 days today?
    im pissed and think there should be some legal action here?
    im paying out of my idemity money that i saved thank god to pay for pain meds inflamation drugs. and shot,s. this should be paid out of the MSA money when and if it ever gets here? can i request some kind of trial? we did settle but all i got so far was the idemity check. and a false promise that they will send the seed money. i have to attest to all my medical expense and stuff and how am i to do that when i dont have the MSA money? and wheni do get it can i take out what i spent out of my idemity money for my drugs and stuff? i have records of what i spent. man does this crap ever end? and how do i ask my AA to get off his ass and do something? he,s been paid.

Save the receipts from the money you've spent from your indemnity and take the money out of the MSA when it arrives.
    You have the receipts to show what you've spent the money on.
    That money should've been here by now, they issue the indemnity, attorney fees and MSA at the same time, it's all involved in closing your case.

Failure of the IC to issue the MSA check could make them responsible for all medical, plus penalties.
    Call the adjuster and ask what's up, if they fail to respond, call medicare and they will investigate.

It's not in their interest to be neglectful on this issue, my money says some one lost the check and it will have to be re issued.

Tony

well if finaly came today . but there was an extra check? for $450. saying for expense of out of pocket cost to the IW?
    i deposited the MSA check into and intrest bearing account. but not sure what to do with this other check? im thinkink it,s for the amount i took out of my idemity for my meds. that i should have had the money from MSA . so im going to pocket it as part of the indemity i spent to cover my meds. sure hope i dont get into trouble doing this.

You're fine, don't worry about it, congratulations.

Tony