New York Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New York Workers

• New York Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New York Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Worker's Comp Back Pay

(fx c7 vert radial nerve injury complete drop wrist severe pain in neck/arm rom loss in neck) i had a hearing on july 2nd, and the decision was medical treatment and care authorized but they didint say anything about backpaying me for the last 9 month of no income plus future moneys etc, the letter stated that there was not suffecent evidence to prove a perm disability or impairment and that i need dr to fill out an 3.4 MMI form etc, also the IC requested at last hearing i guess before any money they want me to get IME before next hearing in sept.

my doctor filled out the ime form and attached details the parts of guidlines he used mri and emg reports etc he gave me 66 2/3% loss of my left hand/upper extrem for complete wrist drop and catagory 4? 50% for cervicle fracture and chronic callapce rangeof motion loss and chronic pain.
    i have ime exam aug 14th. for the ic. which i plan on recording
    so my question is now what? am i going to get the back pay im owed 9 months of pay so far plus 2 grand in medica reciepts etc, plus now that i have perm inpairment i guess i can settle or what not?

am i close to getting my money or atleast backpay because i have 4 months and i will be homeless im counting on september for it tobe resolved letetr says about next hearinf carrier to present consultant reports regarding disability, casuallyt related disability, further casually relatd disability..? idk what that means..

if it makes a difference i was clearing 620$ a week gross . just trying to see what im looking at as my hands perm paralyzed i in severe pain at 22 where im unable to even get out of bed or walk that far crying all the time, shouldnt have to go thru this just for doing my job.

thank you for all your help

Luie
    Last edited by villui; 08-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Default Re: Now What

The back pay issue will have to be given to the court to decide; the decision will be based on the evidence given to the court.
    You should get an atty to represent you. They know about those things and will handle it for you.

i have an atty. and ive ben disabled since jan 1 2012 sept will be 9 months so when i start getting my payments obviously im guessing its Retro. i bascally proved my case it says i had injury at work etc etc and sayd the "nature of the injury sustainedmay lead to a perm loss of extrmety or disability which may lead to aditional monetay awwards, the claimaint should have his doctor fillout a form c3.4 mmi to report any perminant impairments if any and submit it to comp board" right now they are pying for medical treatment finally cause i proved everything, they just want me to see their IME before any money is payed i guess to see what % the ime comesup with..
    Last edited by villui; 08-03-2012 at 08:40 PM.

These are questions your lawyer should be able to answer.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

just asking for u guys's opinions my att is 1 of those cheap ones who do minimal work and the assistants dont know jack when i call and only tell me the basics not specific answers to my questions, i just wna know if theres a good chance now that i finally got med bennifit in july and im seeing ime before pay anfter i see ime and i have my mmi from my own dr in sept when i go hopfully he will say they have to pay me... it is determined there has been an injury at work

In NYS , Your attorney has to file for your aww, so that the judge has something to compare & calculate your monetary benefits . Hopefully that was submitted at your July hearing? Find out , Tomorrow , " cheap one " or not . Here's a link that might help you : http//.wcb.ny.gov
    FORMER , WINDOWMAN

Thank you, all he told me is they wont talk about money untill i see the ic ime on aug 14 which im taping

to add i just faxed form 3.4 mmi finally got it filled out so thats a start.... my dr wrote 66 2/3 loss of my hand and 50% for my loss of rom and cevere pain due to cervicle fracture (catagory 4)