California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default What is a Status Conference for

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: CA

Last week, my atty called me and told me of a new offer from the IC's atty to settle. Based on details in my case, I believe it to be acceptable. I have not yet received documentation regarding the C & R, as I understand these take time. However, yesterday I received a NOTICE OF HEARING for a Status Conference. I am uncertain what this means???? Is this something that was in the pipes BEFORE my atty and myself verbally agreed to a settlement, or is this the process that we take TOWARD the C & R??

I will call my atty tomorrow, but sometimes it takes a week or so to hear back.

Thanks.

Default Re: What is a Status Conference for

Quote Quoting 1radjojo View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: CA

Last week, my atty called me and told me of a new offer from the IC's atty to settle. Based on details in my case, I believe it to be acceptable. I have not yet received documentation regarding the C & R, as I understand these take time. However, yesterday I received a NOTICE OF HEARING for a Status Conference. I am uncertain what this means???? Is this something that was in the pipes BEFORE my atty and myself verbally agreed to a settlement, or is this the process that we take TOWARD the C & R??

I will call my atty tomorrow, but sometimes it takes a week or so to hear back.

Thanks.
    if you input the keyword status in the search field in the upper left of this page you will get a listing of how many times this question has been asked and the answers given.

.SH -- I have done so, but none that directly answer my question.... is this a step toward the settlement that we had verbally agreed to, or is this something that was scheduled prior to....?
    Just wanting to know if this is something that is necessary to attend even though there is a settlement in the works. Also, there is mention of atty's attending and not the claimant if they are represented.....
    Last edited by 1radjojo; 09-09-2012 at 07:00 AM.

good.
    many do not use the search feature and the same question is answered repeatedly.
    of course, no one can predict the future and no amount of searching will tell you if this will help your settlement efforts.

when both parties update each other on how the resolution process is going it sometimes helps achieve a lumpsum settlement.
    if you have representation, then you do not need to attend unless your atty advises you otherwise.
    Last edited by .SH; 09-09-2012 at 08:02 AM.