Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Longest Running Worker's Compensation Case You Have Heard of

Has anyone heard of a WC case going into twenty years, I know someone on year Seventeen. Can you beat this number?

Default Re: The Longest Running Worker's Compensation Case You Have Heard of

I settled one last year for a lady who got hurt in 1991. That was a solid twenty years.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

63 yrs.
    newspaper boy with lifetime medical. fell off the back of the paper delivery truck.
    the employer argued for years he was an independent contractor.
    but public sentiment put the court on the spot and they eventually ruled he was an employee.
    but that was a time when workers mattered and supported each other with their votes and even republicans had a heart.
    Last edited by .SH; 10-01-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Must have been during the Eisenhower administration.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

yup.
    a good republican. he did not like Nixon and they've gotten much worse since then.
    he'd be rolling in his grave if he saw these guys......

Maybe you can help me understand the contradiction of "Union Workers", people receiving "Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid" voting for Republicans? The prison union workers who voted for Arnold rennoced their faith after he "terminated many good benefits and screwed them over!" but why would anyone making less than $3,000,000 a year vote Republican?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-barack-obama/

Quote Quoting FairlyUnbalanced View Post
    Maybe you can help me understand the contradiction of "Union Workers", people receiving "Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid" voting for Republicans? The prison union workers who voted for Arnold rennoced their faith after he "terminated many good benefits and screwed them over!" but why would anyone making less than $3,000,000 a year vote Republican?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-barack-obama/
    Just to be clear not all prison unions or prison union workers supported or voted for Arnold. CCPOA represents correctional officers and did contribute substantial sums however not all prison employees are represented by them. As a matter of fact a good number of them fall into other classifications who do not receive anywhere near the pay or benefits as the correctional officers.

As to why CCPOA supported Arnold with their contributions. It is what they do, spend huge sums of money to buy politicians. Several years ago I had a conversation with one of their leaders who put it quite clearly. Doesn't matter who runs or what party affiliation CCPOA will just contribute enough so as to buy them. He made it quite clear that it really did not matter what effect it had on other employees or programs within the state. As he put it, his responsibility was to his membership and no one or nothing else. I also had quite a few dealings with other union leaders within the state system and fortunately for the state their attitudes were generally much different. Unfortunately it also meant that their members were often shortchanged in many ways.

because their ties to racial, ethnic, cultural, faith and class are stronger.
    that's the "wedge" issue game the republicans have been using the last few election cycles.

A good friend worked for "Cor-Companies" as a consultant, after this "for-profit" prison company's CFO and Management screwed up big time!

"C-Corp" won the bid to run two prisons (one on I-15) and a "Youth Facility", other suitors could not touch their winning bid! Cor-Comp assumed they could over-turn the Union Contract and pay our workers "Texas Wages", Wrong!

Not knowing the facts, was inexcusable for a "rebidding of the cost to run both facilities", Wackenhut laughed their butts off, a blunder that almost drove their small competitor into BK. I think the Texas "for profit" companies saw California's bulging prison population as easy money, wrong! The Unions forced "C" corp to honor all Union wages and benefits previously agreed upon by the State.

I wish the Unions would remember everyone in the Country, deserves a wage that prevents starvation and tax-payer subsidization. Unions need to stick together, and help other areas of California's economy, knowing most AAs did not support the recent WC Reform, Unions should have stood up and yelled "No!" to Jerry Brown!

We all have become toys for the Billionaires to play with (Jerry Brown included), our kids join the military and fight their wars to protect their interest, and we can't support the "Troops" with the "Job Bill" all the Republicans shot down, which gave preference to military and vets coming home!

When are the Unions going to realize, if you don't have public support, public and private companies are going to look to expand here in California. Wackenhut and a few others seem to think there is lots of fat to destroy, Arnold talked about the "Pension Time-Bomb $440 Billion Unfunded Liabilities" inability for Government to work together, and how he was the great liasion on a recent interview this week! Just some fun facts and thanks for the input!
    Last edited by FairlyUnbalanced; 10-03-2012 at 07:25 PM.

This thread was derailed big time....Great info however! I hope my case doesn't last as long as these disasterous ones, 2 & half years is becoming too long for myself lol!