Ohio Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Ohio Workers

• Ohio Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Ohio Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PPD Check Awarded.does My Lawyer Have to Have Me Sign It to Cash It

Let's also remember that Workman Comp lawyers don't make near as much as other types of lawyers. They have to deal with lots of cases, and clients, to make a good living. There is no one great case that is going to let them retire. They are actually compassionate, and understanding for the most part. I image they take more crap for dollar than any other type of lawyer. People in pain tend to blame their lawyer for the system being slow, and think that the system is about them getting some money. WC lawyers don't get paid until you do, they have no reason to slow things down, and put up with more emotional, abusive clients rants.

Thanks, Ladyvol.

Personally, I get really tired of reading or hearing clients criticize all lawyers generally due to one or two unsatisfactory experiences with their own lawyer.

It is too bad these folks cannot sit in on meetings that I attend of professional associations of work comp lawyers and hear those lawyers discuss the clients' situations and the law. I think those clients would be amazed as to how much the lawyers truly care about their clients.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

So, have you received your check? You can look on http://www.ohiobwc.com to see if it has been sent to your attorney. You will have to create an account if you don't have one.