New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured New Jersey Workers

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• New Jersey Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default How Much Money Will I Receive

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: New Jersey
    In 2010 I was involved in a motor vehicle accident. This is a current workers compensation case and I will be evaluated by the insurance companies doctor shortly. I had next surgery and had a spinal fusion done at C4 C5 level. I was also injured at the following locations:
    -C4 & C5
    * *- Herniated Disc
    * * * *- Discectomy/Spinal Fusion
    - C5 & C6
    * *-*Herniated Disc
    - T6 & T7
    * *- Bulging Disc
    - T7 & T8
    * *- Bulging Disc
    - T8 & T9
    * *- Herniated Disc
    - T11 & T12
    * *- Bulging Disc w/Annular Tearing

How much should I expect to receive from a workers compensation settlement in New Jersey based on the 2010 schedule?

Default Re: How Much Money Will I Receive

Quote Quoting Mart33100 View Post
    My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: New Jersey
    In 2010 I was involved in a motor vehicle accident. This is a current workers compensation case and I will be evaluated by the insurance companies doctor shortly. I had next surgery and had a spinal fusion done at C4 – C5 level. I was also injured at the following locations:
    -C4 & C5
    * *- Herniated Disc
    * * * *- Discectomy/Spinal Fusion
    - C5 & C6
    * *-*Herniated Disc
    - T6 & T7
    * *- Bulging Disc
    - T7 & T8
    * *- Bulging Disc
    - T8 & T9
    * *- Herniated Disc
    - T11 & T12
    * *- Bulging Disc w/Annular Tearing

How much should I expect to receive from a workers compensation settlement in New Jersey based on the 2010 schedule?
    add the value of the past benefits denied to the present value of whatever future benefits you may be entitled to and multiple the sum times the chances of winning your claim.
    that should give a close approximation of the worth of your claim (less atty fees, liens, and overpayments, of course)

you can also use the search feature this board for the many many times that question has been answered to find the exact amount you should receive.
    to learn about work comp benefits in New Jersey go here:
    http://lwd.state.nj.us/labor/wc/wc_index.html

Your question is impossible to answer, the type of injury is irrelevant.
    Settlements depend on your Impairment Rating (IR) and average weekly wage (AWW) plus other factors like your employers ability to accommodate.

There is no average or normal, you need to reach MMI and have a rating before you know anything.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

Quote Quoting tony View Post
    Your question is impossible to answer, the type of injury is irrelevant.
    Settlements depend on your Impairment Rating (IR) and average weekly wage (AWW) plus other factors like your employers ability to accommodate.

There is no average or normal, you need to reach MMI and have a rating before you know anything.

Tony

I have reached MMI and it looks like I'm going to settlement for 30% partial total disabily of the cervical spine and 25% partial total disability of the thoracic spine. How much will I be awarded in NJ based on 2010 scale??

Benefits for Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)

The percentage of worker's wage paid is 70. For weekly payments, the minimum is $35 and the maximum is $792, 75% of SAWW. For non-scheduled injuries, the maximum period of payments is 600 weeks, and the maximum payment is $475,200. Benefits are set in accordance with a wage and compensation schedule. When members are amputated, an additional 30% is added to the award.
    http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wc/wc_index.html

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wc/content/stats.html

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.

Angry Am I Getting Screwed?

Hi how are you,i have a question,i just got a settlement offer for 15,000.Now i suffered 4 disc herniations,a left testicle hernia,and a big shot to the head,i had a washer machine dropped on my head while working for a moving company.i live in new jersey.my question is,do you think i can get a higher offer?he made it seem like there would be no hope if i turned it down,if you can,please get back to me,i really need some helpfull advice.Thank you

Default Re: Am I Getting Screwed?

you should really start a new thread when you are changing the subject, but I will answer here. $ herniated disk is going to make your returning to as a mover impossible, your restrictions are going to be weight limited, and I just don't see them being able to allow you to work that type of job, therefore yes they are attempting to screw you, get a lawyer right away. Free to discuss case and they do not get paid until you do. Which i can garantee will be more than $15,000

Default Re: Am I Getting Screwed?

Quote Quoting rober trodriguez View Post
    Hi how are you,i have a question,i just got a settlement offer for 15,000.Now i suffered 4 disc herniations,a left testicle hernia,and a big shot to the head,i had a washer machine dropped on my head while working for a moving company.i live in new jersey.my question is,do you think i can get a higher offer?he made it seem like there would be no hope if i turned it down,if you can,please get back to me,i really need some helpfull advice.Thank you
    One thread is enough, quit plastering the place with the same question.

Tony