Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Tennessee Workers

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Exclamation How to Figure Out What Your Worker's Comp Settlement Will Be

I sustained a injury to my lower back last Nov and have not worked since. The employer refused to do anything about the injury when i reported it so i obtained legal council in regards to my case to protect my rights. I must say this has been nothing more then a complete battle with the employer and with the carrier from day one. Workers Comp ordered the employer and the insurance company to pay me benefits and all medical bills till i could return to work are reach mmi are which ever came first. I had surgery for two herniated disc that were ruptured and was took off of work. Well recently the Dr has placed me at mmi and gave me a rating of 9% body as a whole and also has referred me to a pain management Dr I have asked my lawyer many times what this all means and i still have not got a answer of any kind from him are his office. Is there any kind of chart that TN has that you can try to figure out what they will pay out as a settlement? I have not worked since Nov and since i have been placed at mmi by the carrier Dr all the ttd benefits have stopped entirely. So as of now i have no income at all are even medical why i am waiting to hear are find out more about my case. It has been two months since i have seen a pain management Dr because the carrier has not found me one yet. When the Dr placed me at mmi he did not give any restrictions nor did he release me to return to work. He simply placed me at mmi because he felt like there was nothing else he could do for me. How can i work if i am still in pain? Sometimes i hurt worse now then i did before having surgery. I am so lost and confused. Can someone please give me some advice. I have a BRC hearing scheduled for Nov 6 2012 but i have no clue what this is and what it means concerning my case. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Severe Hardship Don't Know What to Do Now

DogsofWars
    Is there any kind of chart that TN has that you can try to figure out what they will pay out as a settlement?

Benefits for Permanent Partial Disability (PPD)

The percentage of worker's wage paid is 66 2/3. For weekly payments, the minimum is $114.75 and the maximum is $765, 100% of SAWW. For non-scheduled injuries, the maximum period of payments is 400 weeks, and the maximum amount payable is $306,000.
    http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/wcomp.html

So, in your case with a 9% rating you would be entitled to 9% of 400 weeks or 36 weeks of PPD.

i have been placed at mmi by the carrier Dr all the ttd benefits have stopped entirely. So as of now i have no income at all are even medical
    That's not right. Just because you're MMI, your medical should continue, it's the carriers discretion to pay PPD until your hearing.
    At the hearing your PPD should be instated along with your medical.

Additional Information:
    The administrative rules of workers' compensation in Tennessee are available online from the Secretary of State's Web site at:
    http://www.state.tn.us/sos/rules/0800/0800-02/0800-02.htm

Historical and current benefit rate information is available in PDF format (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) online at:
    http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/WCRATETB.pdf

Source:
    Information for this topic was drawn from pages of the Workers' Compensation Division website at:
    http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/wcomp.html

Also, you should apply for SSDI today, don't wait!!

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

Default Re: Severe Hardship Don't Know What to Do Now

Quote Quoting DogsofWars View Post
    I sustained a injury to my lower back last Nov and have not worked since. The employer refused to do anything about the injury when i reported it so i obtained legal council in regards to my case to protect my rights. I must say this has been nothing more then a complete battle with the employer and with the carrier from day one. Workers Comp ordered the employer and the insurance company to pay me benefits and all medical bills till i could return to work are reach mmi are which ever came first. I had surgery for two herniated disc that were ruptured and was took off of work. Well recently the Dr has placed me at mmi and gave me a rating of 9% body as a whole and also has referred me to a pain management Dr I have asked my lawyer many times what this all means and i still have not got a answer of any kind from him are his office. Is there any kind of chart that TN has that you can try to figure out what they will pay out as a settlement? I have not worked since Nov and since i have been placed at mmi by the carrier Dr all the ttd benefits have stopped entirely. So as of now i have no income at all are even medical why i am waiting to hear are find out more about my case. It has been two months since i have seen a pain management Dr because the carrier has not found me one yet. When the Dr placed me at mmi he did not give any restrictions nor did he release me to return to work. He simply placed me at mmi because he felt like there was nothing else he could do for me. How can i work if i am still in pain? Sometimes i hurt worse now then i did before having surgery. I am so lost and confused. Can someone please give me some advice. I have a BRC hearing scheduled for Nov 6 2012 but i have no clue what this is and what it means concerning my case. Thanks in advance.
    you can contact other attys and decide if you want to switch.
    http://www.tba.org/info/find-an-attorney
    https://www.wilg.org/index.cfm?pg=publicdirectory