Florida Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Florida Workers

• Florida Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Florida Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Can You Get a Cash Advance on Workers Comp

I do not want to settle my case right now but I'm in need to catch up with my bills. I was wondering if I ask the adjuster for an advance, will she give it to me? I was already awarded a $2,000 advance 6 months and they now taking taking it out my PPD benefit. any opinions or previous experience count. Thanks!

Default Re: Cash Advance

Quote Quoting MLD View Post
    I do not want to settle my case right now but I'm in need to catch up with my bills. I was wondering if I ask the adjuster for an advance, will she give it to me? I was already awarded a $2,000 advance 6 months and they now taking taking it out my PPD benefit. any opinions or previous experience count. Thanks!
    I think you have to give some reasons; it's not automatic.

I had recieved an award advance to catch up on behind mortgage payment to prevent foreclosure, but I had to present documentation to verify it, and it is coming from settlement, not from TTD payments

Thanks, I have a few reasons. I really thought so but they are actually taking $50 out of my TTD benefit due to the previous advance I received.

If they have note recouped the first advance it is unlikely they will give you another one.

Okay, thank you!

If you just "ask" for the advance there is little chance of getting it. If your attorney files a motion some judges read statute to mean you are only entitled to 1 advance and not give you another. Other judges may grant you an amount that, when combined with what you still have not repaid, totals $2000. If you can show the need an advance can be as large as $7500.

When it comes down to it it really depends which judge you have (which should NOT be the case).

Good Luck