Default Released to Light Duty but My Employer Does Not Have a Light Duty Position

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: LA
    I injured my hand in 12/2011. I had surgery on my hand 11/2012. I saw the doctor 2 weeks later to have the stitches taken out. He asked me what I did for a living, I am a heavy haul truck driver, all he told me was is to come back to him in 10 days. Didn't specify as to my ability to work, no paper work or anything. I took it as not to return to work. So, my dilemia is I am pretty sure he will not return me to full duty when I see him again. I have come to conclusion that I will no longer be capable of doing my job duties to the fulliest again. I also know that my employer does not have any open positioins for me much less a light duty position, but I have found a job that is considered light duty and can start mid next week. Can I ask the doctor to release me to light duty so that I may start with this new job and what happens with this WC claim? Does it just get closed? How is this handled, I do not know what to expect. I know the insurance company/adjuster are going to be "asses" about this whole thing as they have from the jump start, I have been "thrown out of the payment system" three times already and without notice of any kind. Plus some other things, like the adjuster calling my employer a couple of weeks after my claim began and asked them if they knew where I was or if they have heard from me and if they could get in contact with me and tell me to call her. She has my cell and home number and had already been to my home. She had never tried to contact me at all. Also, the adjuster telling the admit clerk at the hospital where I had my surgery that it was about time I did this because I have been putting it off for quite some time...This made me really angry, both of these things made me look like a total idiot to my employer and the admit clerk.

Default Re: Released to Light Duty but My Employer Does Not Have a Light Duty Position

yes, you can do any work for any employer that is within your work restrictions.
    your claim with your former employer will continue and when your permanent restrictions and impairment is rated, additional permanent disability benefits will be paid to you regardless of where you work.
    more on Louisiana comp:
    http://www.laworks.net/WorkersComp/OWC_WorkerMenu.asp

Default Re: Released to Light Duty but My Employer Does Not Have a Light Duty Position

So that means they will "pay off" depending on my restrictions and impairment to close the case. I guess that is so I can not make any more claims against the injury right? I have gone to the link you referred to but can not make out what is what. Should I obtain a lawyer at this time or not?

it depends on how you close out the claim as to whether you will be able to obtain additional benefits for the injury.
    unfortunately louisiana doesn't provide much information to it's injured workers.
    you can talk to a few attys that specialize in workers comp at any time.
    their fee is paid out of any recovery.
    your state bar can help you find the right lawyer
    http://www.lsba.org/MembershipDirect...on.asp?Menu=PR

Quote Quoting .sh View Post
    yes, you can do any work for any employer that is within your work restrictions.
    Your claim with your former employer will continue and when your permanent restrictions and impairment is rated, additional permanent disability benefits will be paid to you regardless of where you work.
    More on louisiana comp:
    http://www.laworks.net/workerscomp/owc_workermenu.asp
    i understand your answer here,but,if the company don t have light duty for you,and send you for light duty in other company,can you looking yourself for other job were to accept your restriction,without to have trouble
    with your still open case?

Yes as long as you keep within the doctor's restrictions.