Texas Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Texas Workers

• Texas Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Texas Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Where to Find Psychiatrists Who Accept Workers Comp

Hello all. I am a worker's compensation patient who recently moved to the DFW area from out of state. I have a psych allowance on my claim, and a psychiatrist back in my home state who has been doing phone sessions for me since my move, but it would be better in the long run if I find a local psychiatrist to switch to. I am not having any luck finding a psych office around here that even takes worker's compensation. Most of the people who answer the phone at these offices don't even seem to know what worker's compensation is! Really, I wish I was joking - one woman answered "Excuse me?" when I asked, like I had proposed some sort of suggestive tête-à-tête between she and I. I've stopped asking about the "out-of-state" bit up front because that just seems to confuse the situation even further.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a psychiatrist's office that they know takes Texas worker's compensation? It would be much easier for me to ask an office who already has knowledge of such a thing's existence if they would branch out to another state.

Oh, and yes, I've tried the list my home state gave me for already approved clinicians. It was grossly out of date and no help at all.

Default Re: Psychiatrists Who Accept WC in the Dfw Area

generally the biggest problem with treating an out of state work comp patient is the out of state fee allowance.
    I would contact the office of employee counsel for help locating treating doctor. they should be able to refer you to some place with a list.
    they do have a designated doctor lookup for the texas system but I don't think it lists the medical specialty.
    http://www.oiec.texas.gov/

Quote Quoting .SH View Post
    they do have a designated doctor lookup for the texas system but I don't think it lists the medical specialty.
    http://www.oiec.texas.gov/
    I'm sorry, I didn't see a doctor lookup anywhere at that link. Can you direct me to its location?

you misstated my response.
    as you could tell from looking at the link--I posted a link to the office of employee counsel whom I referred you to for help since the lookup site does not provide the medical specialty of the physician.

access to the lookup page is from the state work comp website
    https://wwwapps.tdi.state.tx.us/inte...ddlapptrpt.sas

I'm sorry, but your response was vague. Yes, I could indeed tell from looking at the link that it was to the Office of Employee Council; this office is not going to be of any use to someone who is not currently in the Texas state worker's compensation system, since I am from out of state as I mentioned in my original post.

I'm still looking for specific names of psychiatrists or psychiatric offices if anyone knows any.

you are totally correct; my error.
    obviously your home state workers comp agency would be a much better resource for finding workers comp psychiatrists practicing in the Dallas Forth worth area.
    your logic is impeccable.
    I'm sure that's why you posted on the texas board and not that of your home state.
    good luck.

Look, .SH. You obviously didn't and don't understand what I am asking. There is no reason for you to be nasty to me because of it.

I'm asking if someone has personal knowledge of a psychiatrist in the DFW who at least accepts Texas workers compensation. If someone knows of one who also accepts out of state worker's compensation, that would be great.

Obviously my home state WC has not been able to provide me with this information. I cannot go through Texas WC system because I am not part of their system as I am from out of state and they will not assist me. The hope is that if I can find a psychiatrist who accepts Texas worker's compensation, then that may be a foot in the door to asking them to fill out the paperwork for out state WC.

Again, obviously we are all asking for help here because we are encountering difficulties and monumental brick walls from WC, whether it be intrastate or interstate. There's no need for other posters to be jerks when they don't understand or when someone says "I'm sorry, the information you provided wasn't helpful. Anyone else?"

Can someone besides .SH respond, since I'm asking for DFW specific information? That poster replies to posts from every state, so I don't think they have any information to help this specific request.
    Last edited by Asterisk; 11-30-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Yes. Injury 1 in Dallas has a psychiatrist on contract. Phone number is 214-692-5001. The only slow part is making sure the dr is on your network. .