Ohio Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Ohio Workers

• Ohio Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Ohio Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Back Surgery and Settlement

Have had 2 back surgeries since injury in 2008. They now want to do third surgery multi level back fusion. The company is now trying to settle the claim monetary damage and medical. Any sugestions. Have att. but would like input. Have been ssd since 2010.

Default Re: Back Surgery

if you settle and the surgery is a failure you're on the hook for everything.

Does anyone know about ptd and how hard it is to get ohio.

Not hard at all if you have had fusions and still very limited function and pain levels prevent prolonged sitting or standing and walking. even better if you ad a psych allowance to the claim

Quote Quoting trucker111 View Post
    Does anyone know about ptd and how hard it is to get ohio.

Quote Quoting Chiron View Post
    Not hard at all if you have had fusions and still very limited function and pain levels prevent prolonged sitting or standing and walking. even better if you ad a psych allowance to the claim
    Yeah, don't let them get away with not including psyche allowance in PTD. That is what they pulled with me, now I have to go through psyche evaluation for a percentage to be determined. They are dragging their feet because they know it is going to put me at 50% which is permanent total and they will be paying me for the rest of my life. Right now they are trying to screw me out of my Fentanyl Patches that I have been on since July of 2011. They paid for them every month until November of last year. They are really pushing the wrong buttons.

You are a long ways from settling. You will need to have a MSA approved first unless your medical is going to stay open. Has that been worked up yet? Your lawyer should know what to do and how to settle your case for you.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

Do not let Them make You settle.
    Any Medical Care You need in the future will be Your problem.
    I had Back Surgery and a few years later developed a disabeling condition that made Me permenant total,If I would have settled I would be on My Own for all costs of Medical Care and future Surgeries.