Iowa Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Iowa Workers

• Iowa Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Iowa Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMI Percent

Default MMI Percent

Well a doctor rated me at 6 percent hole body loss of foot . The thing is that the company I work for paid me 40 hrs a week so I didn't have to go on WC . The thing is will I get a disability or a check for my loss of motion ? And if so how do you figure it at 6 % . They paid all of my bills and I was off for 6 months .

Default Re: MMI Percent

The process is explained here

http://www.iowaworkforce.org/wc/faq.htm#T

Quote Quoting .SH View Post

Ok so if I have 6% of a hole is that 500 weeks x my wage and x 6 % ? And that's what I would get a week ?

Quote Quoting Limp along View Post
    Ok so if I have 6% of a hole is that 500 weeks x my wage and x 6 % ? And that's what I would get a week ?
    are you sure it's 6% of the body as a whole and not 6% of a foot?
    comp uses a disability rate not wages. that calculation should have already been explained to you.
    I do not know your weekly rate.

Yes its a hole at 6 % and i get paid 700 gross a week. I had 3 degree burns on foot and then graph on thigh and never went back to the same color as my skin . It sucks. Heck i think im more than 6 % but wc adjusters said that was good. I was like go what i went threw and im still dealing with it for the rest of my life.

I was like go what i went threw and im still dealing with it for the rest of my life.
    If there was a 3rd party, ie auto accident, and personal injury suit, you may be paid pain and suffering... WC does not provide for what you went through, but how the injury has left you impaired, or for your reduced ability to compete in the open labor market. Six % may be a fair rating based on your medical evidence and ability to find a job.

It sucks...yeah. But that's how WC system works.

I guess the only good thing is it did happen at work. I dont have a lawyer yet i just wanted to see if they would be reasonable, first. And i know if i get one im sure they will firer me and good pay is hard to come by now

Quote Quoting .SH View Post

I want to ask you something about this IME,I don't understand.......huh....I had FCE last week,now I need to wait for to meet with my surgeon for the last time,so,my surgeon will complete this MMI,but how about this IME,IC ask all the injuried workers to going to have this?MMI,FCE,IME.......huh,damn,.........this will be never finish......Thank you.

Quote Quoting Limp along View Post
    Well a doctor rated me at 6 percent hole body loss of foot . The thing is that the company I work for paid me 40 hrs a week so I didn't have to go on WC . The thing is will I get a disability or a check for my loss of motion ? And if so how do you figure it at 6 % . They paid all of my bills and I was off for 6 months .
    how long time after MMI you got the paper with rating?

It was 15 min. What a joke right ! Well I went and got a 2nd evaluation and he took 4weeks and he also took pic and measured and everything . I was at least happy he did a great check of everything, it was higher rating to a 10 percent, about 20k more. But here is the kicker work comp mailed me a check but I never cashed it and the WC place said they would consider the 2nd option I was like you better pay me the 10 . Not sure but if they keep dicking me around ill have to get some help.