Default Unemployed and Looking, but Need W/C Surgery

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: New York

I was injured in 2010 at work and required 2 surgeries. My employer laid me off in 2011 as I was scheduled to return to work (they'd figured out how to do without me for so long that they didn't need me anymore). I have since moved to CA and I am no longer receiving unemployment.

I need to receive a third surgery for my injury. So my question is, if I begin working somewhere will the insurance company cover a portion of my salary when I go out for surgical leave? What happens if I don't find work? Are there any benefits or anything I can do?

Default Re: Unemployed and Looking, but Need W/C Surgery

Is your comp claim still open, or did you settle it with a compromise and release agreement? If your comp case is still open, you can probably obtain more comp benefits for medical and wage loss. You need to ask a NY work comp lawyer.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law