Iowa Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Iowa Workers

• Iowa Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Iowa Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How Long Does it Take to Close a Worker's Comp Case

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: iowa Hi.How long time usually need for IC to close your case,setllement,and everything?I ask my lawyer,and he said don't know,but I want to ask people who was in this situation.I am at the point when I will have monday the impariment rating,and my lawyer told my when I will have the copy to go to talk with him.I don't care right now about setllement,I want just to finish all this to can move out from state,and to find out from somebody who was in my situation after how long time after that they was done with all this.Thank you.......and if somebody can tell my about next steps.........maybe I will find out next week from my lawyer.......but I like to find now.........I am so tired to wait................to wait.............Thank you.

Default Re: How Long Time

Kneebow here,
    I know you are tired, but nothing about w/c is quick and no one can predict how long it will take to close or settle your case. Each claim is dealt with a little bit differently. Even if it maybe the same injury. There are injuried workers who have been trying to pin point a settlement time frame for many years and just when you think you are close to that you find out you're not. It's just not something anyone knows. I don't know anything about your claim or when you got hurt, but even if I did, your question would not be able to be answered. I hope you understand, you gotta find some patients because nothing is going to come quick when you are dealing with the w/c.
    Bless you my friend,

thanks a lot,I had rot cuff surgery with replacement last year,after FCE and MMI the IC didn't gave my my position back or other,they don't want my to be anymore there,I don't want too,but I am fill like in prison,like I did something wrong,how time just I got sick at that damn job.And at this time just I realy don't care how much money aia will take at setllement,I want just all this to be done,and to forgot about all this.This is a reasos for to wish to move to other state.....and to let all behind.Thanks a lot for your support,thanks a lot to all this people hwo without to be paid hels this people from this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a lot of mistake when I wrote ..........but I am upset...........and tired............

As you have been released to return to work and your ER cannot bring you back, have you applied for UI benefits?
    There is nothing stopping you from moving on with your life... you are not entitled to a cash settlement, but PPD indemnity based on that rating. Those benefits should begin soon.
    Yes...you'll likely be offered cash to drop the claim. That can be done no matter where you live.
    Go ahead...move on from this... get your life going again.

no,I didn't applied for UI,my lawyer didn't told my this,it is a month from when I was released from MMI.From that time,IC pay my weekly at PPD, but because my lawyer didn't told my to apply for UI,I tought is maybe okay, because if I will apply for UI they will stop this weekly payments at PPD,so,is the same money.Am I wrong here?And yes,I'd like they to offer my cash,doesn't matter how much,just to close this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting roscoboy View Post
    no,I didn't applied for UI,my lawyer didn't told my this,it is a month from when I was released from MMI.From that time,IC pay my weekly at PPD, but because my lawyer didn't told my to apply for UI,I tought is maybe okay, because if I will apply for UI they will stop this weekly payments at PPD,so,is the same money.Am I wrong here?And yes,I'd like they to offer my cash,doesn't matter how much,just to close this.
    And,forgot tell you,I want to move from Iowa to Texas,it is a long way.........like kneebow told my,never know what they want you to to next.........maybe I will need to come back here to sign something......or something else.......Iwant to find a job there,not here,but how I can go until to know they will not ask you again for something else?????????????

You should be discussing the options with your atty then... no one here can tell you the answers.
    Don't know about the UI and PPD overlaps, IF there is any. Your ER can't bring you back to work...you are due UI.
    The PPD indemnity is for your loss of earning capacity...but, if no one knows the PD rating yet... what are they paying on?
    Talk to your atty.
    There is no reason you cannot complete a settlement by mail...no need to return to IA to sign documents... FedEx..USPS overnight etc can be used.
    Move on from this...don't let the claim control you life.

Quote Quoting BvIA View Post
    You should be discussing the options with your atty then... no one here can tell you the answers.
    Don't know about the UI and PPD overlaps, IF there is any. Your ER can't bring you back to work...you are due UI.
    The PPD indemnity is for your loss of earning capacity...but, if no one knows the PD rating yet... what are they paying on?
    Talk to your atty.
    There is no reason you cannot complete a settlement by mail...no need to return to IA to sign documents... FedEx..USPS overnight etc can be used.
    Move on from this...don't let the claim control you life.
    I don't know what are they paying for,just at me cheks write PPD ,my impariment rating will be done next week,the doctor nurse told my.It is here a difference between disability rating and impariment rating?

permanent partial disability...impairment...same thing.

do you think that they know my impariment(disability)rating without I or my lawyer to know?Because I look right now at my check,and there write ''permanent disability''

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Quoting roscoboy View Post
    do you think that they know my impariment(disability)rating without I or my lawyer to know?Because I look right now at my check,and there write ''permanent disability''
    no,no,I am wrong,''permanent partial'',nu ''permanent disability'',I am sorry

PD...PPD are the same.
    If it said PTD/Permanent TOTAL Disability it would be different, might still say PD.
    Don't know if they have Dr report or not...your atty should be handling this.