California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Independent Medical Review (Imr) Proposed Regulations

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/DWCPropRegs/IMR/IMR_Regs.htm

I encourage all California injured workers to become knowledgeable with the above proposed regulations.

Beginning July 1st for all dates of injury, if you receive a utilization review denial the next step after an appeal by your doctor or yourself is to request an IMR (paper review). This has to be done in writing. No longer will medical treatment disputes (unless disputed injury or body part) be resolved with the AME/QME process. You can and should request an independent medical review (IMR), which will be a paper review from a doctor (I hope it is a doctor). There are timeframes behind this.

This is the form to request an IMR. For dates of injury on or after 1/1/2013 you can submit now if needed. For all date of injury before 1/1/2013 this begins 7/1/2013.http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/DWCPropReg...pplication.pdf
    Last edited by kelly38; 04-09-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Default Re: Independent Medical Review (Imr) Proposed Regulations

That form has been replaced by the new and improved form, Kelly.
    The thing unsure on the time frame from what I have been reading is how long does the director have before they decided to pass it on to the IMR doctor. I think there are still going to be some tweaks to this regulation before the year is out.

b
    Quote Quoting kev_b View Post
    That form has been replaced by the new and improved form, Kelly.
    The thing unsure on the time frame from what I have been reading is how long does the director have before they decided to pass it on to the IMR doctor. I think there are still going to be some tweaks to this regulation before the year is out.
    Thanks "kevb".

I agree that there are going to be changes to the regulations and they are temporary now.

What I think injured workers should do is become familiar with the rules. The rules state so far that an injured worker can also submit records to the IMR. This is VERY important. One reason why injured workers are denied treatment by the UR doctor (other than they are mostly defense oriented and paid by the defense) is that they are sent very few records, or irrelevant records, to even know what the condition is if the injured worker. Having your medical records will be key with this IMR process.
    Last edited by kelly38; 04-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.

I have a hearing coming up so I will ask my attorney to get me copies of my doctors reports and explain why I need them, I doubt he would have the time to send every IMR apps and records in for all his clients and July isn't very far off.
    Every time I ask my doctors (well some doctors) for reports they keep saying they can only copy the attorneys or charge me for reports, maybe it cost them far too much for another stamp for the mail.