California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Working with Lawyer or Claims Adjuster

I have been released by my doctor as permanent and stationary because I have a new job with Kaiser
    Permanente and I am on a strict probationary period where I can't miss work for DrS appts I am going to see Kaiser doctors for constant migraines from being hit in the eye with a remote helicopter at my old job Verizon Wireless. A lawyer told me to get released as permanent and stationary so she can work on a settlement for me but can't I just work the adjuster and can somebody tell me an amount I should start with! Thanks in advance for the help.

Default Re: Working with Lawyer or Claims Adjuster

changing jobs is not a legitimate basis for a medical determination on the status of your recovery.
    permanent disability benefits can't be calculated until you've reached a point where your recovery has plateaued. at that point your doctor can provide an impairment rating.
    your atty knows the settlement process and the details of your claim. they are in the best position to calculate the settlement value.

Well my attorney is the one that said to be released as permanent stationary so she can start on a settlement so I should stick to my attorney and not try and work with the adjuster?

- - - Updated - - -

Well my attorney is the one that said to be released as permanent stationary so she can start on a settlement so I should stick to my attorney and not try and work with the adjuster?

That adjuster shouldn't even have contact with you without your attorneys presence, it's a violation of attorney - client privilege.
    Refrain from having any contact with that adjuster or discussing your case with anyone without your attorneys knowledge and permission.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

So, I guess you have the knowledge and experience required to work up a settlement proposal and then negotiate it, without any help from a knowledgeable and experienced professional whose job is to protect your rights and get you the best possible deal.....
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law