Michigan Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Michigan Workers

• Michigan Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Michigan Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Default Forced to Take Medical Retirement After an Injury

My workers compensation claim was made in the State of: MI.
    I was injured 1-7-2010, had surgery 2010, 2011 and a TKR Oct. 2012. I returned to work after the first 2 with restrictions, and have been off for 1 yr.from the TKR, needing 1 more surgery and hoping to return. I was informed by the county that per our contract I must accept a medical retirement as the contract states that after 1 yr. from the date of injury the employee, if still injured, must accept a medical retirement. They let me return for 3 yrs. off and on between surgeries. To save my job I requested a leave of abscense, which work comp is covering 80%, and the 20% is being paid from my sick bank. Did'nt they (my employer) set a presadance with letting me return over the yrs. I dont think its right to force a medical retirement now, per the contract they should have made me leave 1-7-2011. Work comp is not fighting me, what should I do?

Default Re: Forced to Take Medical Retirement After an Injury

So what is the problem ? I'm a State employee and can only hope they do the same for me . nobody seems to know about the Duty Disability in Michigan .

Quote Quoting Shadyrock View Post
    So what is the problem ? I'm a State employee and can only hope they do the same for me . nobody seems to know about the Duty Disability in Michigan .
    Well the more people elect republicain who are hell bent on less goverment and busting unions, and reducing state goverments you have yourself a handfull... good luck

Look at those poor bastards from Detroit!!!!!

Quote Quoting airdale View Post
    Well the more people elect republicain who are hell bent on less goverment and busting unions, and reducing state goverments you have yourself a handfull... good luck

Look at those poor bastards from Detroit!!!!!
    Please allow my input on your post: The unions are destroying themselves by taking political sides and ramming their left wing agenda down union members throats. Instead of acting as a UNION for all, no matter what political beliefs an individual member has, Unions end up alienating any union member that does not agree with their support for Obama and his administration.

I also think that actually it would be nice if this forum just concentrate on WC issues and not on what I consider 'bull'.

Quote Quoting OH FUN ! View Post
    Please allow my input on your post: The unions are destroying themselves by taking political sides and ramming their left wing agenda down union members throats. Instead of acting as a UNION for all, no matter what political beliefs an individual member has, Unions end up alienating any union member that does not agree with their support for Obama and his administration.

I also think that actually it would be nice if this forum just concentrate on WC issues and not on what I consider 'bull'.
    LOL....The Union is for YOU!.... Your company is about proffit....I am very sorry you dont understand how this country has been distryed since thr Regan trickel down thereys...

But enjoy your hatred and keep Fox on... You will feel secure in your bubble....

Ask ANY attorny here, what party helps the regulare worker and they will tell you.... Now If you dont agree fine, but this is there biz and its uddered over and over here.... Republicains are anti union, anti worker !

Truth hurts when it goes against anothers hatred....
    Last edited by airdale; 09-15-2013 at 02:03 PM.