Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured Tennessee Workers

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• Tennessee Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Exclamation Settling Lifetime Medical for a Lump Sum Payment

Hello everyone:

Several years ago I injured my back on the job the case was settled with Life Time Open Medical. I have not returned to the previous Employer because I now have severe lower back and right leg nerve damage. I am presently waiting for a court date to see a judge over Disability as we all know is a long waiting game. Because of the waiting game I have loss my home of 10 years and pretty much everything I own. The Work Comp Insurance called me up a few weeks ago and they asked me if I would be interested in selling my Life Time Medical Benefits after the Dr informed them if I had another surgery it would cost them more then $50,000 for second surgery. I simply stated to the Insurance Company that it would depend on what your company is offering to me. I realize this is something I should not sell but because of the severe hard ship I am in I really don't have much of a choice. What would be a reasonable offer to sell it for? I also realize this is a touchy subject and that we do not always get what we think we should get and I know as for pain goes there is no amount of money that could ever replace my pain. They asked me how much would I take and I told them you shoot me sum figures and we would go from there. Any advice is appreciated. Thank You
    Last edited by ITCH; 08-27-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Default Re: Selling Life Time Medical

No way!!!

Do not do it!

Give them some totally ridiculous number!!!!

Default Re: Selling Life Time Medical

What the carrier told you is absolute BS. You have to hire an attorney!!

Please don't let them take advantage of your hardship. They count on you being in this predicament as it's an easy settlement with the least bit of cost.

But here's the kicker, TN requires that any settlement be approved in front of a court. The judge has to approve of the amount being agreed to and has the power to veto it based on whether the settlement amount is sufficient for you. The judge has your best interest at heart.