California Worker's Compensation - Help For Injured California Workers

• California Worker's Compensation - Quick facts about worker's compensation law, benefits and lawyer fees.

• California Worker's Compensation Resources - Links and resources for injured workers.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Angry My Lawyer is an Idiot

I need to rant.. And my apologies if this is in the wrong thread.. I'm a newb...

Vent Open: I was injured 10 months ago.. I tore the ACL in my right knee and numerous other vital parts are damaged within my knee. I'm pretty much crippled. And desperately need surgery.

I got a lawyer in April after my surgery was denied the first time.. When the IC found out (in June), they refused to let me see their doctor. At this point, the surgery had been denied a second and third time..

I saw my lawyer in July.. Asked them to file an adjudication hearing for medical treatment.. Request ignored.

My surgery finally got approved in late August. The doctor that was approved to do it, is the lawyers doctor and I do not care for him. At this time I requested to have the IC's doctor perform my surgery...

It is now November.. The IC's doc has agreed to do my surgery, the request was sent to the defense atty two weeks ago.. There has been no response..

I called my lawyer this afternoon and they tell me that if there is no response by Friday, they'll send it out for a hearing...

REALLY?! I told them to do that 4 months ago.

Personally, I don't see why there is no response from the IC. It's their doctor... Correct me if I'm wrong, but, I have been told by the IC's doctor that the IC has 5 days to respond to any request.. So.. What's taking so long?

Oh, I'm also ISO a new attorney in So-Cal because mine is a dipshit who never listens to me.. Anyone have any suggestions or referrals?

Vent Closed.

Default Re: My Lawyer is an Idiot

Well, your surgery problem arose in June, and your lawyer had it solved in August, but you refused to accept the solution because you prefer that the Insurance Company's doctor do it. (That is sort of strange, but I suppose you have good reasons for it.) But the insurance company won't authorize your change of doctor. Now you are complaining about how long it is taking to get your surgery with the doctor of your own choice.

If there is any idiocy going on here, it does not seem to be coming from your lawyer. Your lawyer apparently solved your problem back in August without a hearing until you threw a new wrench into it by insisting on a different doctor. There was not a need for a hearing until you created one. The lawyer cannot necessarily do exactly what you want, because he is not omnipotent. The insurance company has a lot to say about it too.

Good luck.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

To be fair.. It was made very clear from day one that the IC doctor do my surgery. Period. End of discussion. Yes, he is the IC's doctor, but you certainly do not know what I have been through since I was injured. For example: Work place harassment, coworker bullying and so on and so forth. This doctor has 100% been on my side from the beginning. He is the doctor I trust and one I have a good standing doctor/patient relationship with. Not some random ortho in some back alley clinic who my lawyer referred me to.

FYI: The IC DID approve the change of doctor. They just needed him to agree to do it. Now they are lagging on approving that. And no, none of this is because of my inability to accept the latter. I have a right to choose my doctor. I have a right to receive the best care.

My lawyer didn't listen to me.. That's the problem. I requested a hearing. I requested the change of doctor back in July. They never did anything about it. In fact, when I go and visit my lawyer I end up doing their errands for my case because apparently, they do not know how to use a fax machine. But that's not the point.

The point is, you have the audacity to sit there and judge me behind your computer screen without knowing all the facts. Did you not read my post? It was a rant. The only advice I was looking for was a new lawyer and the time frame for insurance company approvals. Not to have someone pick apart my frustrations and try to use them against me.

There was need for a hearing after my surgery got denied the THIRD time. The first time it got denied because the radiologist failed to notice the ACL tear on my MRI. 2 months later the radiologist added an addendum. The second time? The IC didn't think the surgery was medically necessary. Now you tell me... Wouldn't that suffice for a hearing for medical treatment?

Ps.. If you're a NC lawyer.. Why are you trolling the CA threads? Go find someone else to tear apart in your own state.. Or have you run through them all already?

I imagine your lawyer will be happy to see you go. Good luck.
    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has held that "In contested Workers' Compensation cases today, access to competent legal counsel is a virtual necessity." Church v. Baxter Travenol Labs, Inc., and American Motorists Insurance Company, 104 N.C. App. 411, 416 (1991).

Bob Bollinger, Attorney at Law

if it were me in the pain you must be going through I would have been happy for any doctor to fix me up

Really now? Even if that doctor went against your specific wishes about using your own hamstring instead of a cadaver graph? Yeah, I don't think so.

I thought this forum was for people to sometimes just vent and pray for someone to maybe understand what someone is feeling. I know how I feel sometimes
    would like a kind world, So Sorchae you have every right to vent ,We all go through hardthings in life and its not fair ,SO I SAY JUST VENT!!

I do believe the poster started his thread with this statement "I need to rant.. And my apologies if this is in the wrong thread.. I'm a newb... "
    Then finished with "Vent Closed."
    I see no where, where he asked for advice or legal help.

He owes no one an explanation and doesn't have to answer questions, this isn't a court room.

Either offer support or stay out of this thread.

Tony
    We reserve the right to forbid any user from participating in this forum, and to close any user account, at any time, for any reason. In the interest of the community, this may be done without prior notice or warning.
    http://www.workerscompensationinsura...inks/index.htm

Hahaha. Thanks Tony

ps.. I'm a girl.

Well, she did ask for suggestions in her original post, so I would have to disagree that she didn't ask for advice.