I am a Wife of an injured worker

1. roofinfool
    WC affects more than the injured worker, it affects their family and as a wife of an injured worker myself I must stay strong, support my husband and put his needs above my own. At times I just want to run away, but I can't because he can't. I see his frustration, I see his pain and even though I cannot change what has happened; I can support him, I can encourage him and I can be his strength through this very difficult time.

I'm sure that I am not alone, and my hope is that others would want to share what they are dealing with so that we as wives of injured workers can help each other.
  2. joe benra
    Am I glad to have found you! I am joe benra's wife, jenny and i am really the one behind the keyboard. I thought I was going to lose my mind about a month ago, since the pain management started it has gotten lots better in that respect. It will be nice to have someone who knows to share with. Our nightmare started 2/2/08, I'd like to hear your story if you feel like sharing. Hoping to hear from you soon, ms. jb
  3. fcb
    Hi! My husband was injured at work. I am devoted to helping him as much as I can, but feeling the stress. We have been fighting this injury since 6/2008. Hope you are all well.
  4. blondie
    anyone still here in this group?
  5. Kwilli4393
    I am the girlfriend of an IW and though I don't fill out any paperwork or go to all his appointments I am his sounding board and confindent when he needs one, which is everyday. My BF has been dealing with this since 02/07, I met him 08/07 and have been going through this with him ever since. It is hard to sit by and not be able to do much except listen and be there for him when he needs me. When we first met he had told me he would be good to go in a few months, neither one of us ever thought it would still be going on now. He keeps telling me to go find a healthy man as he doesn't know if or when he will get better and it is slowly sucking the life out of him. He is depressed because he cannot work and support us as he wants to marry me but not until he can do so and sex, except for some feeble attempts a few weeks after meeting we haven't had any and it's creating a lot of stress.
  6. Kwilli4393
    I do understand his pain and depression and the fact that his body won't respond but I'm only human and need some physical contact. When I bring it up he get's defensive and then more depressed and then he tells me it might be better to go find that healthy man. Problem is, I love him to death and want to spend the rest of my life with him, but I do deal with the fact that I might never get the intimacy I need and he may never ever get better. Thanks for letting me vent.
  7. blondie
    Wow, that is super tough. I can see where both of you are coming from. I hate to see this happening to anyone! Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened to my dh if he weren't married to me. I imagine that he would be living with his parents, depending on them for financial support, very depressed, or very likely dead.
    OTOH, being married means I can't quit. NOT that I want to, I just want a break. I want "normal" back, just for a day.

Good luck to you, and he's very lucky to have you.
  8. jbenra
    are any of you still around
  9. rodney
    anyone talk on here anymore????