Default Work-comp lifetime claim advice

Hello everyone I'm Will, 5years ago I was injuried at work fell over 40feet broke my neck. I am paralized from nipple line down I have limited arm movement and no use of my hands..After a 5 year legal battle they finally have to pay up.I have been paid my back pay and will get my 1st work-comp check this week and will continue to get it every week for the rest of my life....The question I have is about my wife I'm totally dependnt on her.My care is a full time job.Should'nt they owe her too?? I'm told they can send in someone in and pay them, just not my wife, were not talking about them sending in a lisenced nurse or anything just a care giver that probally has no experience in careing for a quad.My wife was trained by the hospital I was in T.I.R.R. before I could come home.When I first came home I needed a vent to breathe she changed my trakes she suctioned me every couple of hours..I am lucky my diaphram started working again a few months after my injury and nolonger needed the ventalator.It was her that done it all all this time who could be more qualified.If anyone has any advice or knows anything that might help me...it would be greatly appreciated!....god bless

Default Re: Work-comp lifetime claim advice

I suspect your wife can bill them for past services but it'll be up to them who provides it in the future. You'll have to provide medical documentation as to the necessity of home health care.

i too fell and broke neck about 3 years ago but left arm is all that is paralized to point of being useless, other conditions exist but of what i have been told is because my wife and i are married they would not pay her as she would be in home anyway.attorrney mentioned at settlement time we may try and submit for some moneys for her to be reimbursed.im sorry that you have lost all your limbs. But if i could be nosey may i ask what $$ figured you settled at.
    Thanks
    Dntmater

It would be great if she could be reimbursed..I just don't know how we will adjust to having a stranger in our house..My future benifits owed are $980,000 I was paid 100k in back pay.

I was injured in 2002 and MMI at 42% receiving lifetime benefits. I have to qualify quarterly which Texas Mutual denies everytime, for no reason. I have no treating dr. and no benefits available. Lawyers get frustrated and quit. They have revamped Twcc into Injured workers. No one enforces anything and every conversation ends with agents stating they don't know what to do.
    I asked "why do you have jobs". I've fought till there's nothing left but rejection. I'm now homeless and broke and suffering daily. I've done everything they told me to and returned full circle. God is the only thing keeping me alive. Good luck you'll need it.