Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mpreyno2 Guest


    I called my adjuster and requested a second opinion because my doctor has pretty much said that I have a permanent injury. I trust my doctor but I want to make sure they are right. The insurance company told me that there are NO second opinions in the state of Florida. Is this true? She said that I would have to pay for it on my own if I wanted one. This doesnt make any sense. They say I can do a one time doctor change, but not get a second opinion. Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do?

  2. #2
    aj Guest


    Your adjuster is correct. The statute does not allow for a second opinion. You are entitled to a one time change but only one for the life of the claim. You could also request an IME but again you only get one of those as well.

  3. #3
    mpreyno2 Guest


    What is an IME?

  4. #4
    sh Guest


    Independent Medical Examination

  5. #5
    stephanieanne Guest


    Your Dr. can refur you for a second opion . As mine did both recomended surgery and now everyone is sitting on thier "you know what" and I'm in a so-called lite duty and getting worse

Similar Threads

  1. IME vs 2nd Opinion
    By freebird in forum Georgia
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 11:26 PM
  2. Second Opinion
    By kisses in forum New York
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM
  3. 2nd Opinion
    By cruisinlawn in forum Georgia
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 06:38 PM
  4. Second Opinion
    By kdcna in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 10:56 AM
  5. Getting a Second Opinion
    By tlc in forum Arizona
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 08:18 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Find a Lawyer